PDA

View Full Version : NSX warranty renewal - important for ~2004 cars

NoelWatson
28-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Popped into my local dealer and they quoted £1200 for another three years warranty (unfortunately no longer inclusive of wear and tear). Claim limit is unlimited for next three years, but if I were to renew it on annual basis, claim limit is £1000 after year 8, so definitely worth bearing in mind. You can also blag the customary 10% NSXCB discount off the above.

DamianW
28-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Cheap as chips. BMW wanted more than that for a single year to extend the warranty further on my (ex) 2001 M5. Probably says something about their relative reliability...

NoelWatson
28-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Cheap as chips. BMW wanted more than that for a single year to extend the warranty further on my (ex) 2001 M5. Probably says something about their relative reliability...

I was going to say it is very good value, but I think our BMW 330i warranty @£520 will be better value - if you catch my drift. I guess it is easy to take the engineering integrity for granted until you drive other brands. Porsche is ~£1100pa, only goes up to 8 years, and you have to have the check beforehand.

Nick Graves
28-02-2011, 07:37 PM
It's not inasmuch reliability (you get the occasional grenade engine) but most M-models seem to eat suspension components at an alarming rate.

I know some who've really had their money's worth out of the BMW warranty.

I extended the S2000's warranty. Then though it a CWOT & didn't. THEN I got the grenade engine. Oh well.

DamianW
01-03-2011, 11:37 AM
It's not inasmuch reliability (you get the occasional grenade engine) but most M-models seem to eat suspension components at an alarming rate.

I know some who've really had their money's worth out of the BMW warranty.

There's lots of horror stories around. But then they make a lot of cars. I think I was lucky with mine, it really never needed much doing. I had a new starter motor and some reversing sensors, and that was it.

Mind, over the same period of time I had exactly NOTHING go wrong on my NSX. Just needed consumables.

Rob_Fenn
01-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Spent that on a year's warranty for my M3, so that is good !