PDA

View Full Version : old and new

candyman
11-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I found a couple of photos i took of the nsx at a motor show. Little did i know that many years later i would be the proud owner of one. I had a bmw 635 at the time which was a great car i kept for many years. I decided to go for a Lotus Esprit turbo, so i arranged to have a test drive in a 2 year old one which wasn't cheap at the time. When i arrived it wouldn't start so i drove another 2year old one. It looked superb and had great acceleration and handling but the visibility was lousy , the gearbox had a problem and the windows wouldn't work which naturally put me off. I ended up with the Alpine which was comfy with good visibility, fast and great to drive-sound familiar? Sadly being French it was not very reliable. You can obviously compare the nsx to the Alpine as they were both aimed at the 911 (porsche not terrorist) market. I have driven an Elise which was great but i noticed that a full spec Evora can approach £70k which makes the nsx even more of a bargain. I am looking forward to doing some fun driving when the weather improves. There are some fun roads on the way to my local Sainsburys. It opens at 6.30 on Saturdays and is 7 miles away so i set off (with a warmed engine) at 6.35. Who would know that buying groceries could be so much fun! cheers paul.

simonprelude
11-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Looking good, in the best colour as well.

Nick Graves
11-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I like NIOP too.

TheSebringOne
11-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Where was the motor show?

I noticed that the front lower splitter/spoiler is missing!