PDA

View Full Version : civic type r wheels on nsx?

unclebob
31-03-2011, 11:44 AM
does anyone know if the 2007 civic type r oem wheels will fit an nsx?

the pcd is the same, the offest of all the wheels is 55mm, so 5mm short on the rears compared to the nsx and they are 7.5 j so half an inch short on the rears, the civic wheels are 18 inchers, very similar in design to the 02+ NSX WHEELS

just wondering if anyone knows if they will clear the calipers on a 2001 nsx

cheers

Sudesh
31-03-2011, 11:51 AM
does anyone know if the 2007 civic type r oem wheels will fit an nsx?

the pcd is the same, the offest of all the wheels is 55mm, so 5mm short on the rears compared to the nsx and they are 7.5 j so half an inch short on the rears, the civic wheels are 18 inchers, very similar in design to the 02+ NSX WHEELS

just wondering if anyone knows if they will clear the calipers on a 2001 nsx

cheers

Always wondered that too! But personally I woundnt install them as they are too narrow at the rear, even the standard pre-facelift I think are narrow looking.

Senninha
31-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Like Sudesh I'd wondered about this was advised that due to width and offset it would mess up the handling, so not an option I would go for.

Nick Graves
31-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Would the space saver from my Prelude fit!

The Civ's wheels are +55 (IIRC), so would be utterly wrong at the rear, they are heavy so unsprung mass would ruin the steering and the lack of stagger would make it spin.

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to ruin such a lovely car. And oversize wheels these days is as embarrassing as a Louis Vuitton handbag.

Anything off a Civic also screams "I'm too damned poor to afford the Mugen/Rays".

Other than that, fine!