PDA

View Full Version : Fuel flap release spring

havoc
26-04-2011, 06:27 AM
OK, only a little part, but Honda can't help me. Anyone breaking a car still got one?

Kaz-kzukNA1
26-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi, havoc.

Is it out of stock or just couldn't justify the cost (GBP15.49 inc.VAT) for such a small metal piece?

74494-SL0-000

Unfortunately, most of the offices in Japan will be closed until after 05/May due to national holiday so I can ask them but won't hear anything until after that time.

Kaz

NSXGB
26-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Has it broken?
Mine seemed to lose it's strength so I bent it out a bit (very technical) and it's been ok for the last 3 years or so...
Might be worth a trip to a breakers to see if you can find an alternative?

The American sites list them still at $9.40.

havoc
27-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Local dealership saying on back-order until start of July...would rather not wait that long. And yes, £15 is rather a silly price, but it is what it is... If you can get an answer once the offices are back open Kaz, I'd appreciate it - will update this thread if I make progress elsewhere before then.

Simon - can you recommend a US website - not used any of them, wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks both,

Martin.

NSXGB
28-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Either Tim Poliniak at hondacuraworld@aol.com

Or Nic Terry at NTerrey@findlayauto.com

If you get into difficulties getting one, I'm off to the USA in June and could get you one. Assuming you can get a temporary fix in the mean time.

Is there a heat treatment that can be applied to the spring to revive it's qualities?

havoc
06-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Well, surprisingly Honda came up trumps - got a call today to say it had arrived already.

Will keep those e-mails in mind though for the future.

Thanks again,

Martin.