PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Personified.......

senna786
06-12-2005, 12:31 AM
The previous day I had driven up from my home in London to my family farm in Scotland. It was the first time I'd really taken her on a long journey and bhoy....... did I have some fun. Not only that people would break their necks to look at the car, wondering what is that beautiful work of art.... at service stations, I'd park at the furthest point possible to get a few spaces to myself, but yet still people came up and commented. Even the policeman who stopped me at 160mph commented on it's beauty (Only joking on the last point :D :D , he just missed being able to clock me by a few mins.... :o )

My brother is a car enthusiast, mainly VW's and in our large garage he has a couple of cars - VW Corrado G60 (250bhp); VW MkI Golf VR6 (bloody quick!) he takes to VW shows, etc. Well on this particular night I took him out in 'her', a few miles from our village, there was a 'cruise' going on and we went along. Now, at this point I thought oh no!! a boy racer event with 'scort kids' causing mayhem. Infact to my surprise, it was properly policed, and well organised through a group who arrange the events (every 1st Thursday of the month).
Anyway, drove into the Falkirk Wheel (yes it's a heritage site!!) car parks and the car was swampped. Out of the 100's of modd'd up car's, this beauty just wooed them all. And there were a couple of ferraris (348, 355) there too. The organiser chap asked if I could park under a lamp and set up his tripod and told me he'd post a few pics... Well, here;s the link ..... enjoy.....
http://cruise.falkirkcruise.net/25-30/index.html

(Click on cruise 30 - that's XXX for those who don't know and then select next when the pics appear. My beauty has a few mentions...)

Enjoy

Senna786
2004 NSX 3.2, 6 speed manual, Long Beach Blue
2003 MCC Smart passion
1991 VW Golf GTi Rivage Cab

Rob_Fenn
06-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Nice example :)

Senninha
06-12-2005, 05:29 PM
I do like the LBB on the facelift model :)