View Full Version : 2 Nice Looking Facelifts for sale

Sudesh
05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2787864.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2764758.htm

nobby
05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
the silver car seems a good price

the blue car ... was this not trying to be sold last year? ... i vaguely remember someone commenting on the possible strategic placing of the belt on the seat bolster! :)

2 very clean examples all the same ... couple of potential lucky owners

TheSebringOne
05-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I agree that the silver one is priced about right.

I am not sure that the LBB is the same one last year since the ad states its been owned by the current
owner for 4 years?

The owner's name is the same as the tester from Evo mag!

WhyOne?
06-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Advert for Silver car 'Withdrawn'.

214nsx
06-05-2011, 12:28 PM
£42k most buyer would go for the 996 gt3 or 360.

Sebringbug
06-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Advert for Silver car 'Withdrawn'.

I thought I was ready to part with her but had so many genuine ( I think ) enquiries I realised I was just going through a mad phase.

Interestingly a lot of interest from Europe and not just the type that asked for my Bank account!!!!!

Nick Graves
06-05-2011, 01:04 PM
TBH I experienced a LOT of that when searching; sudden uncontrollable outbursts of seller's remorse...

Understandable, really.

Nick Graves
06-05-2011, 01:05 PM

Thankfully.

We don't want them falling into the hands of 'most buyers'!

Sebringbug
06-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Just found out one didn't....One of the guys who was after mine has brought it...picks it up tomorrow !!!!

Papalazarou
06-05-2011, 01:41 PM

I'm not sure whether that's the case anymore. Gt3s are not that popular anymore and 360s can be financially painful, which can put a lot of people off.
Your post also implies/or not (no malice intended) that they are somehow a favoured option over the NSX and that it dies not compare well in this category.
It's also worth mentioning that there are quite a few other cars in this segment that people might choose. The GTR for instance or Kevin's recent acquisition an M3.
I think that logically there are buyers for everything.
I looked at All of the above, but felt happier with the NSX because it seems to be 'my thing.'
Finally, just because there are other products at a given price point doesn't mean they are on everybodies radar.
For instance the guy that goes out and buys a brand new Evora or Cayman could buy that NSX and still have £15K in the bank. In a few of years when the other two have lost half their value, the NSX will still be worth what he paid or very close.

Cheers,

James.

NoelWatson
06-05-2011, 02:51 PM
. Gt3s are not that popular anymore

Is that 996 variants or all?

Papalazarou
06-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Is that 996 variants or all?

Just the 996. You be hard pressed to pick up a 997 for £42K. The other difference seems to be that NSX owners generally own their cars for more than 6 months. GT3 turnover is quite high. Perhaps it's the seats?

Cheers,

James.

Geraint
06-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Haven't you bought that blue one yet James?

NoelWatson
06-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Just the 996. You be hard pressed to pick up a 997 for £42K. The other difference seems to be that NSX owners generally own their cars for more than 6 months. GT3 turnover is quite high. Perhaps it's the seats?

Cheers,

James.

I reckon GT3s and some Ferraris suffer from the frequent releases of the latest greatest thing. So after 996 GT3 Mk1 and 2, we had 997.1 GT3 and RS, 997.2 GT2 and RS, and now the 4.0 GT3 RS. So the 996s are now a few iterations old - same as 360. Are the seats that bad?

havoc
06-05-2011, 05:45 PM
]Perhaps it's the seats?

Perhaps it's the ride?

Compare the suspension travel on an NSX vs a GT3 (either model), and the sidewall height too, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that a GT3 isn't exactly a 'GT car'...and UK roads aren't getting any better!

Both are/were nice cars...and the interest is proof that the 3.2s are still VERY sought-after...makes me wonder if I should have waited for a 3.2 to crop-up...

Papalazarou
06-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Perhaps it's the ride?

Compare the suspension travel on an NSX vs a GT3 (either model), and the sidewall height too, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that a GT3 isn't exactly a 'GT car'...and UK roads aren't getting any better
Both are/were nice cars...and the interest is proof that the 3.2s are still VERY sought-after...makes me wonder if I should have waited for a 3.2 to crop-up...

I think that's a fair conclusion. Great cars, just more track biased. Great if you live near to Bedford or love them so much you can balance the compromise.
A bit like mountain biking in some ways; you can ride a 35 pound freeride bike up a hill, but it's not very efficient and therefore hard work. But on the descent it'll fly. much better to have a mid travel trail bike that does everything pretty well with no real holes in it's performance.
Regarding the seats. IMO they are crippling and pointlessly so.
I cant be the only one who could not live with then. They could have engineered some recline into them. The same goes for the 997/Boxster Spyder seats. Great looking things, but when you consider the majority of owner will never spend any significant time on track, it seems mad not to have some concessions to comfort.

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
07-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Bear in mind that many buy them with absolutely no intention of tracking them and the high turnover rate is the inevitable corollary.

As usual, the poverty-spec version is a far more sensible purchase.

nsx60
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
About this time every year I go through the do I or dont I sell it scenario , normally after a hot sweaty drive when the air con has opted out of working properly. I then weigh up what mines worth (which appears to be a reasonable amount more than i paid for it !!) , how much i am prepared to put to it and what do i want.
The usual suspects appear on my list which for golf related reasons have to have a decent load ability , cayman , db7 , m3 etc.... You get the idea... Then my wife points out the blindingly obvious , all of these will continue to drop money whereas the NSX wont , i see several Porsches and the occcasional Aston on the daily commute but in the 8 years of owning an NSX I am pretty sure I have enough fingers on one hand to count the number of others that I have seen (obviously a rarity `up north`). Any fellow petrolheads instantly want to talk all about the car the moment they find out you have one , and even 17 year old kids in souped up Vauxhall corsas in petrol stations nod in appreciation !!!!! So i think i`ll be keeping mine for the forseeable future !!!!!

manisandher
15-06-2011, 09:20 PM
I bought the blue one (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2787864.htm (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2787864.htm)) quite a while ago but hadn't managed to pick it up due to my work load and the seller being out of the country for a while. But I went to collect it today. Wow, quite a different driving experience from my regular S2000... something I need to get used to. One thing that surprised me was how quiet is was overall at motorway cruising speeds, although the tyre noise seemed to go up considerably on poorly surfaced parts of the motorway.

Just for the record, I paid £1,750 over the asking price of the car because the seller had so much interest in it and was being bombarded by counter-offers... even up to very recently, many weeks after it had been listed as 'sold' on PH.

Mani.

AR
15-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Congratulations Mani, I have my opinion on NSX prices but is just mine etc, at the end of the day is only worth what someone wants to pay for it.

Regarding the facelifted NSX the main issue is that SO many have been crashed, exported, repainted, etc that a clean example is hard to find, for those with the info.

Is summer time and privces tend to be higher as well.

Enjoy it in good health.

Cheers,

AR

markc
16-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I think that's a fair conclusion. Great cars, just more track biased. Great if you live near to Bedford or love them so much you can balance the compromise.
A bit like mountain biking in some ways; you can ride a 35 pound freeride bike up a hill, but it's not very efficient and therefore hard work. But on the descent it'll fly. much better to have a mid travel trail bike that does everything pretty well with no real holes in it's performance.
Regarding the seats. IMO they are crippling and pointlessly so.
I cant be the only one who could not live with then. They could have engineered some recline into them. The same goes for the 997/Boxster Spyder seats. Great looking things, but when you consider the majority of owner will never spend any significant time on track, it seems mad not to have some concessions to comfort.

Apples with apples... IMO it's unfair to compare a GT3 with a regular NSX, they should only be compared to the NSX-R (or Type S I suppose). Both are similarly "optimised" for track or just attack driving. The regular Carrera (nee 911) and NSX are great GT road cars.

W.R.T the seats, GT3s can be had with adjustable reclining seats if you can't get on with the fixed back ones. I guess I'm lucky in that I seem fit the fixed back items fitted to both GT3 or NSX perfectly :)

Ohh yes... all the NSX's discussed on this thread are bargains, grab them while you can :cool:

Cheers

Mark

manisandher
16-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Congratulations Mani... Enjoy it in good health.

Thanks AR.

Hope you manage to get a facelift at a 'decent' price - I know you're looking for one. But what would a decent price be? A red '02 went for £30K earlier this year, which seemed a very good price to me. The silver '02 mentioned in this thread was up for £35K before the seller withdrew the ad (I was after this one before the '04 came up). So, what would be a good price for a well-kept and documented 50K-mile '02?

Mani.

Nick Graves
16-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Mani - congratulations on your purchase!

That the LBBs are still almost over-sought after is very interesting; but then again, probably so are most excellent examples. I cannot help but think you STILL got a bargain, somehow!

Yes, the S2000 IS a very different car; probably why at its launch, hacks seemed almost underwhelmed by it and few really got it. I have both, since they do such different things brilliantly well. Oddly, though, there is a similarity in their handling/road feel, despite being so different in set-up. That's the weird Honda suspension geometry/steering purity for you.

I think you'll enjoy it...

AR
16-06-2011, 10:34 AM
A fair price for a well kept 50K mile 02, will depend on many things as evinced by the different prices paid for specific cars.

AR
16-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks AR.

Hope you manage to get a facelift at a 'decent' price - I know you're looking for one. But what would a decent price be? A red '02 went for £30K earlier this year, which seemed a very good price to me. The silver '02 mentioned in this thread was up for £35K before the seller withdrew the ad (I was after this one before the '04 came up). So, what would be a good price for a well-kept and documented 50K-mile '02?

Mani.

BTW Any relation to the candidate from "The Apprentice" series?

manisandher
16-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Mani - congratulations on your purchase!

That the LBBs are still almost over-sought after is very interesting; but then again, probably so are most excellent examples. I cannot help but think you STILL got a bargain, somehow!

Yes, the S2000 IS a very different car; probably why at its launch, hacks seemed almost underwhelmed by it and few really got it. I have both, since they do such different things brilliantly well. Oddly, though, there is a similarity in their handling/road feel, despite being so different in set-up. That's the weird Honda suspension geometry/steering purity for you.

I think you'll enjoy it...

Hi Nick, so you have both too? Excellent. Well, I've had my S2000 for eight years now and in this time I've thought of replacing it a few times, but just never found something (for a reasonable price) that I thought would bring as much of a smile to my face. But I think keeping the S2000 (until it falls apart) and having the NSX as a second car is just perfect... for me at least.

Cheers,
Mani.

manisandher
16-06-2011, 11:16 AM
BTW Any relation to the candidate from "The Apprentice" series?

Yes, but I really don't like to talk about it... Put it this way, you couldn't pay me enough to go back on it. Great TV though.

Mani.

AR
16-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Yes, but I really don't like to talk about it... Put it this way, you couldn't pay me enough to go back on it. Great TV though.

Mani.

10-4 Mani I am not a fan of the show myself.

havoc
17-06-2011, 09:16 PM
But I think keeping the S2000 (until it falls apart) and having the NSX as a second car is just perfect... for me at least.

Hell of a garage to have...enjoy!

Ewan
18-06-2011, 12:06 PM
hi Mani - well done on bagging a nice-looking and low-mileage NSX!

I see the vendor was "Chris Harris" - was it THE Chris Harris, ex-Autocar now at Evo?

Nick Graves
18-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi Nick, so you have both too? Excellent. Well, I've had my S2000 for eight years now and in this time I've thought of replacing it a few times, but just never found something (for a reasonable price) that I thought would bring as much of a smile to my face. But I think keeping the S2000 (until it falls apart) and having the NSX as a second car is just perfect... for me at least.

Cheers,
Mani.

Sort of a similar logic to mine - I couldn't actually bear to part with it after a decade of fun from new.

Mind you, there's also a 4WS Prelude that I bought to find out WTF LJK Setright was banging on about that's also got me spellbound...

Funnily enough, one can sort of understand that somewhere in the NSX's DNA is an old 'Lude converted to a mid-engine layout too.

Don't worry about The Apprentice - a client's son-in-law was also on it, so I know firsthand (well, secondhand!) what a crock of old b ollocks the entire thing was/is!

NSX 2000
18-06-2011, 03:55 PM
hi Mani - well done on bagging a nice-looking and low-mileage NSX!

I see the vendor was "Chris Harris" - was it THE Chris Harris, ex-Autocar now at Evo?

I wouldn't of thought so as he is a Porsche man through and through with Mercedes and BMW coming a very close 2nd!

Nick Graves
18-06-2011, 07:01 PM
I thought that was compulsory for all hacks; mustn't upset the status quo.