PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R Sill Plate, Keep or Not?

Sudesh
10-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I have a set of these I'm selling, but put them on my own car to see what they look like, not a huge difference but with my NSX-R updates I'm wondering now should I keep them?
I know the car is not a genuine NSX-R but with all the NSX-R bits I've added and more to come maybe its something worth keeping.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/SAM_3959.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/SAM_3960.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/SAM_3961.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/SAM_3962.jpg

Papalazarou
10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I would sell them. Then take half the money and buy a small flat for rental. I would then put the rest in a high interest account.
This way, you will have a regular income and a lump some for a rainy day.
Just my 2c...

Cheers,

James.

mutley
10-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Sudesh,

With all the other things you've done to replicate the NSX-R, I think you should keep them, will add that little bit to the authenticity (even though it isn't really an R).

Jim

Dave J
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I would sell them. Then take half the money and buy a small flat for rental. I would then put the rest in a high interest account.
Just my 2c...

Cheers,

James.

How much would these be, just out of interest :D

Sudesh
10-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Just my 2c...

Cheers,

James.

You on the beer/wine/social beverage tonite lol

PeteM
10-05-2011, 09:43 PM
How much would these be, just out of interest :D

Well if they can charge £60 for two small pieces of plastic then it's got to be a lot !

Personally I would sell them as the cars chassis ID is what it is so why hide / change it ?

Pete.

Senninha
10-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Sudesh,

Leave them up for sale and if they go then you have your answer. In the meantime, let them see sunlight more often by leaving them on your R replica, after all, you do have the rear badge and other parts, so if you do convert dash and install seats they wouldn't actually look out of place.

Enjoy while you can!

regards, Paul

Sudesh
10-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Well if they can charge £60 for two small pieces of plastic then it's got to be a lot !

Personally I would sell them as the cars chassis ID is what it is so why hide / change it ?

Pete.

Th NSX-R plate's I have are blank, and If I wanted, I can engrave my OEM chassis to these. There is absolutely nothing special in having your chassis number on the sill plate and my reasons have nothing to do with hiding or changing that fact.

britlude
10-05-2011, 10:15 PM
nothing to stop you putting your chassis number in one slot, and 'replica' , 'tribute' or such like in the other....

you have them, it's your car, do what you like!!!

PeteM
10-05-2011, 10:32 PM
There is absolutely nothing special in having your chassis number on the sill plate and my reasons have nothing to do with hiding or changing that fact.

I didn't imply you were trying to hide anything mearly that the original sill plate is the cars ID and its visability is a nice OEM touch in my opinion.

I realise that it's a personal preference/choice if you want to fit a Type R ones, just don't personally see the benifit or point in changing the sill plates especially in relation to the cost of them. Surely the whole point of these plates is to display the cars chassis number.

So to reply to the Point of this thread and the question you asked,

Not.

Cheers Pete.

nobby
11-05-2011, 11:39 AM
u know my opinion; i think they look fine on your car because of the work you have done in replicating the Type R and they are a nice addition.

in the end you will make the right decision :)

Justin
11-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I think a replica is a binary thing - it should be all or nothing. So I'd say either keep em and make sure everything else is getting there too (can't remember if you have the R door badges etc); or revert to badged as stock (all round!) and just enjoy the performance mods.

Of course, none of this is anyone's business except your own! ;)

Justin
11-05-2011, 04:00 PM

Papalazarou
11-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Of course, none of this is anyone's business except your own! ;)

If he hadn't asked for the opinion of the sewing circle, I'd say yes. But he did. So it's up to us now.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
11-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Personally I would keep them just in case as you have so many Type R mods already.

Rob_Fenn
12-05-2011, 08:35 PM
In my snobby opinion, you should only use them if you have an exact or better-than an NSX-R. A nice touch would be to engrave your original build number on.

Sudesh
13-05-2011, 08:36 AM
In my snobby opinion, you should only use them if you have an exact or better-than an NSX-R. A nice touch would be to engrave your original build number on.

Thats the plan!

If I had the seats, I would then have the interior out and away to be trimmed in Alcantara; and interior wise, that would be me pretty much there.
Exterior, I'm pretty much done with, I dont like the white wheels on a red car so apart from one or 2 very small things that most wouldnt know about, my exterior is spot on.

Nick Graves
13-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Sort of like The Tenacious D's tribute to the greatest song in the world...

Justin
13-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Sort of like The Tenacious D's tribute to the greatest song in the world...

I see what you've done there :D

NSX 2000
13-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Don't diss the D or Dave Grohl will be after you :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrRipWlamfM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4an3rpucSos&feature=fvwrel

Paul :D

Sudesh
13-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Great Tune! lol Actually met Jack black last year at an event, very nice guy.

jaytip
22-05-2011, 09:18 PM
My personal view is put any NSX-R parts on the car that DON'T have NSX-R written on them.How often do you see a 320 BMW with M3 badges on it and think "how sad", i know i do.
The car is not a Type-R and never will be regardless of how many Type-R parts you put on it.So to clarify,i'm not saying you can't improve the car with Type-R parts,just don't put Type-R badges on it.

Just my opinion and all that :)

Sudesh
22-05-2011, 09:41 PM
My personal view is put any NSX-R parts on the car that DON'T have NSX-R written on them.How often do you see a 320 BMW with M3 badges on it and think "how sad", i know i do.
The car is not a Type-R and never will be regardless of how many Type-R parts you put on it.So to clarify,i'm not saying you can't improve the car with Type-R parts,just don't put Type-R badges on it.

Just my opinion and all that :)

Yip that pretty much my thinking also, but as the badge is more or less on the inside, you dont see it until the door is open and to be honest it's something thats easily missed too.

AR
22-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Yip that pretty much my thinking also, but as the badge is more or less on the inside, you dont see it until the door is open and to be honest it's something thats easily missed too.

Yes but there is soo little difference between Sudesh's car and the NA1 R, that it just does not matter, keep them!

Papalazarou
22-05-2011, 10:30 PM
You're a long time dead.

Cheers,

James.