PDA

View Full Version : Question about knuckles

cas
27-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Kaz

Still have'nt got the hang of this new site. Is a 1991 - 1994 knuckle the same as 1995 on wards. They have different part numbers. All the stuff off mine can be transfered to a 1993 so long as the holes and geometery is the same. ( I have managed to find one so I need to act quickly)

regards

Claudio

Kaz-kzukNA1
27-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't know the spec of your NSX and also the other one that sounded like the donor of the knuckle for your NSX so please keep this point in mind when reading below.

I don’t like the concept of ‘Year model’ so best to check the parts no based on the VIN of your NSX and the other one.

Also, if you are sourcing the parts from LHD NSX such as Acura, then the year model concept is different between the countries and thus, you may be looking at the different parts.

For the suspension parts, even it looks exactly the same from outside and even all the bolts and nuts connects in the same way, the bush hardness, damping rate, etc are different from one model to the other.

For the Front knuckle, there is two different parts.
One for the UK 91 – 96 COUPE model.

The other one for the UK 95 & 96 NSX-T model + UK 97 onwards model.

So, the answer to your question is 'yes and no' depending on the 'Year model' and/or 'Coupe/Targa' model.

Again, best to check agaist the VIN.

Regards,
Kaz

cas
27-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi Kaz thank you for answering my question it is much appreciated. My car is a RHD 1995 targa the front lefthand knuckle has the following part number:

51215-slo-902 (this is same for all car 95 on LHD or RHD.)

51215-slo-900 (this is common to all cars 91 -94 LHD or RHD)

do you know what the differencies where?

regards

Claudio

cas
27-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi Kaz

Do you know where I could get a SANKEI part number 51220-s84-a02 ball joint?

regards

Claudio

cas
27-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi fellow members

Just had some contact with Steve in the USA. He has made new ball joints but they are not a direct repalcement for the ones in the knuckle and require some maching which is why you have to send the knuckle to him. What is begining to emerge is that using the Sankei ball joint is the best way forward unless you want to replace with a new knuckle. Will let every one know how I get on.

Claudio

cas
13-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi All

Manged to get replacement ball joints - need a worn knuckle to see how difficult they are to fit - if anybody has one let me know so I can put together a step by step guide.

Claudio