PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone familiar with this car?

peter300zx
20-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi guys,

I've been reading the 'currently for sale' threads but I don't think anyone has mentioned this car:
http://autotrader.mobi/used-cars/advert/201108380576444/viewing-0?PHPSESSID=qald5u48l992neob8ja9ojp5m1
Any replies are appreciated.
Thanks guys

Peter

Cragswinter
20-06-2011, 02:03 PM
could be a good buy if you're comfortable with the miles?

214nsx
20-06-2011, 04:46 PM
up for sale a long time now, think it had 8 owners.

Rob_Fenn
22-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Don't get why Charlotte Green is such a popular colour, it is pretty horrid! I was glad when the wrap went over ours. There is also a sorry looking NSX in JDR's garage in Charlotte that needs a loving owner by the looks of things.

peter300zx
24-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi guys

Thanks so much for the replies!
Rob, I too didn't like the green until I saw the ones here which belong to the users 'brooklands nsx' and 'synergy004'. I think they need a bronze or gold rim.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1191647

Cheers
Peter

Papalazarou
24-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Don't get why Charlotte Green is such a popular colour, it is pretty horrid! I was glad when the wrap went over ours. There is also a sorry looking NSX in JDR's garage in Charlotte that needs a loving owner by the looks of things.

I bet owners of green cars are going to love your unnecessary honesty Rob. When you wrote that, did it not strike you that a percentage of forum members actually own Charlotte green cars?

Hagasan
25-06-2011, 08:13 AM
I bet owners of green cars are going to love your unnecessary honesty Rob. When you wrote that, did it not strike you that a percentage of forum members actually own Charlotte green cars?

Plus the fact someone else seems to be hell-bent on knocking targa's!! Opinions are opinions just that, does the targa knocker suggest as a road car his is so much better? You buy what you buy and let other do the same....To say your peace ocve is ok but to repeat & repeat is unnecessary

Chris B N
25-06-2011, 08:26 AM
well I must be a real knocker target~
Charlotte Green, T Top and F Matic auto to boot,
wouldn't swap it. Can only say " If you ain't tried it don't knock it"

Geraint
25-06-2011, 08:27 AM
I personally like the green, and I also like targas. There were some lovely ones at Japfest. The dark metallics look much better in the metal than they do in pictures, in my opinion.

Agree the gratuitous knocking is a bit pointless and wearing.

Peter - for what it's worth, I'd personally be very happy to own that car in the link, subject to it being in good order and with proper maintenance history of course. If you like it, then you shouldn't be swayed by other people's opinions of the colour.

Edit: well said, Chris :thumbsup:

AR
25-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I quite like CG cars, my old NSX-R was CG. But it is a Marmte colour like anything that deviates from the black silver or red. As for a Targa vs Coupe if the ca is in great shape who gives 3 Flying Fs. It has already been discussed and agreed that the coupe is stiffer and the Targa more compliant. This are facts that for pimple face teenagers discuss and fight over their game console "garages" as for grown up adults FFS. IMHO is not like anybody buys an NSX anymore because is fast or cutting edge. People buy the NSX for it's beauty and overall package.

Papalazarou
25-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Well said Ary,

My preference has always been for a targa, it's just near impossible to find a facelift one. My first NSX was a red targa and I sorely miss the open top element.
All these things however; colour, transmission, body. Facelift, pre-facelift are all person and important to each owner.

Cheers,

James.

Geraint
26-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Well said Ary
X2 :thumbsup:

jpspringall
26-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Couldnt agree more with Ary, it's all down to the indivdual.

I wasnt planning on getting a targa, but now i wouldnt change it for the world.

As long as you're happy with yours then that's all that matters

James

WhyOne?
27-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Another in the 'agree with Ary' camp.

Colour preferences are of course subjective - I am quite sure Circuit Blue is not eveyone's cup-of-tea (it wasn't mine when I bought Y1 - but it was a compromise I was willing to make to get a car which ticked all my other 'boxes'...though the colour has grown on me over the years).

As for the targa / coupé squabbling - IMHO it is fair enough to point out the differences between coupe & targa to prospective purchasers. But I really think the differences are over-stated here on many occasions - and not just to the detriment of the targa - I recently read a post where a targa owners stated that this as a 'far better' car for UK roads than the coupé. I have driven both, there are differences, but day-to-day road driving they are pretty damned subtle (again, IMHO!)

peter300zx
02-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi Guys,

That was so well said Ary (as many have agreed), and yes, that's exactly how i was looking at it. I would buy an nsx for the overall package of excellence that it offers. After all i will be using my 911 to get one and my car is definitely no slouch and am sure an nsx is probably not as quick, at least not by official stats anyway although im sure theres not much in it in the real world.
For sure, the way to go if its bang for your buck that you want, and around the 20-25k mark would be without a doubt a 996 turbo. Im not so interested in quarter mile times and 0-60 dashes anymore as in all my years of having fast cars, i have found that you really cant use any of them in this country and most certainly not in London with the cameras and pot holed roads! I would be buying one for keeps, to have a piece of fine japanese heritage and automotive history and to have what is probably the best super car in the world for reliability and genius chassis and suspension set up, and fettled by the one and only...
Now the bad news...I have tried for almost two weeks to contact mwp performance who were selling the charlotte green car only to get through yesterday and get told that its sold! Perhaps it wasn't meant to be.
I will continue my search and see what happens and will of course keep you all posted.
Wish me luck.
Thank you everyone who have contributed to this thread.

Regards

Peter

Nick Graves
02-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I think you'll find that's probably the normal experience with any good NSXs. You'll need that 911 to get round to see one quickly!

Best of luck in your search.