PDA

View Full Version : nationofzeros NSX-R - PISTON HEADS FEATURE

Sudesh
29-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Just seen this on the front page of PH and already the comments have started, along with some really stupid ones.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23842

nobby
29-06-2011, 02:14 PM
just spotted it, and added a post

pointless trying to educate the masses ... they will NEVER get it/understand this car :(

Just seen this on the front page of PH and already the comments have started, along with some really stupid ones.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23842

Justin
29-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I've had about 4 emails from people regarding this - amazing the number of people hit that PH page!

And don't be getting upset about negative comments from the hoi polloi - that for me is almost the greater part of the NSX's charm :yes:

Geraint
29-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Great contribution to the thread, nobby :cool:

Lots of comments on the asking price from 'armchair buyers' who are not in the market and/or don't have the money - completely pointless imo :rolleyes:

Also agree Justin's point about the 'esoteric appeal' - if loads of people don't get them, and most would rather have something obvious, then that makes them more attractive to me too :)

forumadmin
30-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Just noticed we have a new record number of users online at once. 343, from a few days ago. Probably due to the mentions in this PH article.

JQD84983
30-06-2011, 11:37 AM
The comments are a nice cross section of what you expect. Its a Honda blah blah blah.

Having seen this car and met the owner its a great piece of kit and its uniqueness make it worth every penny to the right buyer and at the end of the day you only need one of those so I am sure it won't be around long.

Good luck with the sale. I certainly haven't regretted shifting mine.

John

Nick Graves
30-06-2011, 12:36 PM
I've had about 4 emails from people regarding this - amazing the number of people hit that PH page!

And don't be getting upset about negative comments from the hoi polloi - that for me is almost the greater part of the NSX's charm :yes:

They fall into two camps; those who sort of get it, but don't really like it personally (sort of the converse of me & 911s) and the complete trolls who are just desperately looking for attention.

But it's the light the blue touch paper & retire to a safe distance thing - can get amusing at times!

nationofzeros
30-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Well done friends for your comments and support - the threads on PH certainly show that 'all human life is out there'. But no buyers (yet!)

Thanks

Chris

AR
30-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Well what can you expect is a bloody 17 years old Honda and most people are stupid.

Not taking anything away from L5NSX is just that most people don't get it, same way they did not get the NA2 NSX-R.

It seems that every MF Honda fan loves the NSX-R, they go through some sort of evolution of Civic, Integra, S2K then NSX and then they start getting all excited about the NSX-R.

Yet when one is up for sale few put their money where their mouth is!

The fact is that Honda as of today SUCK Megamanhood and thus the Hondaphiles must get HOT about something.

There is no new NSX in the Horizon.

Yet the rest of the people ( who never driven and NSX-R ) look at the stats and think that NSX-R Groupies are dumb.

The NSX or NSX-R are not about speed alone! Is a whole package!!! Stop trying to convert people in NSX admiration.

I don't know but my Brabused GL420 is a lot easier to drive fast than any of my NSX :) and better miles per galon.

If I want another car is just because of that, a want, not a need.

That is all I can say.

Matter of fact I just about had enough of the NSX

Three cars over 7 years!

NSX owners as a whole ( bar a few, and you know who you are )

It seems that the NSX attacks a certain type of owner that another NSX owner from the South West has described very well!

The current NSX discussions and all the nonsense ( read BS ) that surrounds it.

Just read the general discussion posts

PeteM
01-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Search for a facelift not going too well then AR ?

NSX 2000
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM

That comment needs a ROFL smilie!

Perhaps a bad day at the office :dunno:

AR
01-07-2011, 10:32 AM

So if I don't agree with all the crap that people post then it must be that my search for a car is not going well!

Fantastic logic going on there, please do not use your frame of reference regarding behaviour to analize my posts.

FYI I found a car, possibly two so the car is not a problem.

AR
01-07-2011, 10:35 AM
That comment needs a ROFL smilie!

Perhaps a bad day at the office :dunno:

I am ROFL thinking of your comment as it defines what I meant.

Justin
01-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Crumbs....

AR
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Crumbs....

Oh really?

Geraint
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure I understand your points, Ary :unsure:

What don't you like about the current owners, and the current discussions? Most of the general discussions seem to be about meets and cars currently for sale, maybe I'm missing something?

AR
04-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Geraint is hardly worth elaborating on. If Papa organizes a meet down your way I'll pop along and have a can of pop with the SW group. The Internet has a way of taking the tone out of things, plus the way I write I am afraid that people might be offended and take things the wrong way.

In short I blame video games! :-)

Geraint
04-07-2011, 02:30 PM
If Papa organizes a meet down your way I'll pop along and have a can of pop with the SW group.
:beer: :bigsmile:

Papalazarou
04-07-2011, 04:43 PM
In short I blame video games! :-)

I know, they've taken so much of my life already;-( Call of duty in particular is a real time waster. These days I'm playing more Zombies; more goal orientated and generally more friendly.
Geraint, Ary; we'll have to get something organised soon, otherwise Kev will have the excuse he needs to delete the South-West.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
04-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry a bit late on this, but I knew I shouldn't have read those comments
in PH!

It really xxxx me off!

All I can say is that those who haven't driven one, should not comment at all.

Nick Graves
05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Why not? Partially for the risibility.

But also, everyone's entitled to their opinions. It's simply that opinions are never evenly-weighted and the majority are practically worthless.

It is therefore often reassuring when people disagree with one!

TheSebringOne
11-07-2011, 01:10 AM
You are correct that everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Sometimes it easier just to read and not comment on some forums.

Nick Graves
13-07-2011, 01:42 PM
This is true.

However, I suppose it's human nature sometimes to get drawn in against one's better judgment and light the blue touch paper.

Whether one remembers to retire to a safe distance is sometimes an issue of regret...

markc
13-07-2011, 03:28 PM
All I can say is that those who haven't driven one, should not comment at all.

... I suppose it's human nature sometimes to get drawn in against one's better judgment and light the blue touch paper.

Whether one remembers to retire to a safe distance is sometimes an issue of regret...

In the case of the NSX-R, if the debate was limited to people who'd actually driven one it would be a very intimate and likely very short one :shh:

Light the blue touch paper and return to dowse frequently with petrol (never diesel ;)) I say :laugh:

Cheers

Mark

Silver Surfer
16-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Car is sold I see on Pistonhead......who is the lucky new owner?

SS

Rob_Fenn
16-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah, noticed it sold too! If it was white i would have bitten off his arm!

gumball
16-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah, noticed it sold too! If it was white i would have bitten off his arm!

It didn't really get much attention at the Silverstone classic when I saw it last, I guess because most expect Rs to be white and bypass the understated greenness of it.
Hope it stayed local.