PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers

Silver Surfer
27-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I need to get some spacers!!

Anybody know the best place to get them?

SS

Senninha
27-06-2011, 10:54 PM
I know Ollie (Steve) is running them and I think Hagasan (Gary) may also have them now for OEM 17's.

If you find out where I'll probably have a set too please.

regards, Paul

SS

Paul G
28-06-2011, 05:31 AM
Anyone know what make the wheels are? from what I can see they look pretty cool to me!

Cheers
PG

Senninha
28-06-2011, 07:50 AM
I beleive they are Enkei PF01's ....

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXuGF3GE3jDTfrcFAAdzHvMtlNxMl7r g9-vS4U2E1kxeD4Ndo_u7FriQI (http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/enkei_racing/swap/enkeir_pf01_bs_ci3_l.jpg)

Most probably in 17/18 combo to open up tyre choice at the same time

http://www.performancealloys.com/Enkei-alloy-wheels.aspx

I personally like the RP03's, clean 5 spoke design

regards,Paul

lotusolly
28-06-2011, 10:39 AM

SS

I know Steve(Ollie) has thr H&R spacers and I think Gary has the same also.
I have ordered my set from Demon Tweeks 15mm front, 25mm rear.

They have been sat in my hall for a couple of weeks and hopefully should get to fit them on the car tomorrow!

Olly

Senninha
28-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi Olly,

Have you got part numbers and costs please?

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
28-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I feel the need for a 'group buy' for these spacers. :)

Can anybody who has these spacers post up where they got them from and PM me the price.:D

SS

NSXGB
28-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Motorsportworld list the NSX spacers. Looks like £47 for the 10mm. Can't get on their site from here at work though as it's blocked as 'malicious'. :dunno:
In my experience MSW are usually better priced than Demon Tweeks so could be worth a look.

lotusolly
29-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi Olly,

Have you got part numbers and costs please?

regards, Paul

Front are part no. H/R5065640 and were £79.61
Rear are part no. H/R5065640 and were £84.52
plus the dreaded VAT!

I ordered some other bits that they did a good deal on for me and just got these at the same time for convenience so you will probably find a better price elsewhere if you want to search.

Not sure if thats a H&R part number or Demon Tweeks.

Olly

NSXGB
29-06-2011, 06:59 PM
They are H&R part numbers. You've listed the same number for front and rear (H/R 5065640 is the 25mm spacer). Do you have the number for the front?
MSW list that part for £110.75 inc vat. so not as competitive.

Cheers Steve.

Did you also get longer studs for the front?

Front are part no. H/R5065640 and were £79.61
Rear are part no. H/R5065640 and were £84.52
plus the dreaded VAT!

I ordered some other bits that they did a good deal on for me and just got these at the same time for convenience so you will probably find a better price elsewhere if you want to search.

Not sure if thats a H&R part number or Demon Tweeks.

Olly

lotusolly
29-06-2011, 07:44 PM
They are H&R part numbers. You've listed the same number for front and rear (H/R 5065640 is the 25mm spacer). Do you have the number for the front?
MSW list that part for £110.75 inc vat. so not as competitive.

Cheers Steve.

Did you also get longer studs for the front?

Sorry been a stressful day!!!

That was the correct part no for the rear.
Part no for the front is H/R3065700

The rear bolt straight on with new studs mounted in a offset position within the spacer.
The front come with longer studs that you have to fit in place of the originals which is not as simple a job.

Olly

Silver Surfer
29-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Olly,

Can you post the link to the website selling your spacers as I can't seem to find the one at that price.

SS

lotusolly
30-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Olly,

Can you post the link to the website selling your spacers as I can't seem to find the one at that price.

SS

I think I searched their website and could not find them listed but when I called they looked them up and no problem to supply.

Tel no. 01978664467

Olly

Silver Surfer
30-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Olly....ignore my last PM.

SS

Senninha
30-06-2011, 08:44 PM
So is the experienced thnking to go 15mm front and 25mm rears?

Is this for any particular reason other then cosmetic?

Kare, if you can get decent deal for two sets then I'll jump on board.

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
30-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I will call them tomorrow.....

Moderator (Paul)..can you put all the wheel spacer post in a new thread so not to violate my Red NSX thread please.

SS

Senninha
30-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I will call them tomorrow.....

Moderator (Paul)..can you put all the wheel spacer post in a new thread so not to violate my Red NSX thread please.

SS

I like this new toolset .... I could have soo much fun .....:D

Silver Surfer
01-07-2011, 10:46 AM
I have contacted DT and they can do us a small discount :)... PM me if interested and I will PM you back with cost and instructions.

H/R 15mm front and 25mm Rear.

1. SS x 2 sets

SS

markc
01-07-2011, 01:27 PM
A word of caution...

I believe that to fit the 15mm ones (front or rear) you would need to replace the existing wheel studs with shorter ones. This is because the standard studs protrude through the spacer and prevent the wheel hub from seating flat against the spacer. The 25mm spacers are wide/thick enough so that the standard studs do not protrude. IMHO 25mm is too much for the front.

The above is not a problem if you don't have spare wheels, say for track days, but would be a pain if you do as the replacement studs would be too short to mount a wider standard wheel. This is certainly applicable to you Paul.

Cheers

Mark

gumball
01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Thats the trouble with spacers when you have wheel studs. My only previous use of spacers was with my Smart roadster, fortunately that just required slightly longer bolts.

Hagasan
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
A word of caution...

I believe that to fit the 15mm ones (front or rear) you would need to replace the existing wheel studs with shorter ones. This is because the standard studs protrude through the spacer and prevent the wheel hub from seating flat against the spacer. The 25mm spacers are wide/thick enough so that the standard studs do not protrude. IMHO 25mm is too much for the front.

The above is not a problem if you don't have spare wheels, say for track days, but would be a pain if you do as the replacement studs would be too short to mount a wider standard wheel. This is certainly applicable to you Paul.

Cheers

Mark

It's actually the other way around Mark. You need to fit longer studs to compensate for the 15mm of thread lost to the wheel nut once fitted. To those doing this, you will need to remove your front caliper & disc to get to the hub assembly. You will need to remove the hub unit to knock out, literally, the original studs and pop in the new ones. It's not difficult but will take a little time....

The rears are bolt ons

Cheers,

Gary

markc
05-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Ahh, sorry I assumed that the 15mm spacers were also bolt on ones. Of course you're correct non bolt on spacers would need longer wheels studs.

I guess you could still revert to no spacers without the hassle of having to change the wheels studs again but you'd probably need to use open ended wheels nuts?

Cheers

Mark