PDA

View Full Version : Got to be the most tastefully modded NSX in the world......

Silver Surfer
16-07-2011, 10:51 AM

ss

Silver Surfer
16-07-2011, 11:03 AM

More from here: http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150601

SS

Rob_Fenn
16-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Not sure i'd agree on tasteful, but it certainly is an impressive engineering job when it comes to the roof, and the interior is fantastic (apart from the Civic wheel, which looks totally out of place). I'm not a fan of big bodykits for the road, it just looks like a load of extra bits tacked on. I'd also say those are its best angles. The rear is pretty horrid in my eyes, with the deep faux-F430 bumper.

I think if kept the outside as an NSX-R replica look, it would have been fantastic. But of course, that isn't very individual...

Silver Surfer
16-07-2011, 11:21 AM
OK Rob...Yours in the running too... ;):)

SS

Senninha
16-07-2011, 04:32 PM
This must be Vroom's remodded NSX. For me the most impressive thing about this NSX is that this is one mans vision and he has hand built or engineered the resulting NSX.

The integration of later Acura dash controls, bespoke CF and alcantara interior, the Tourag brakes plus I believe all the body mods are unique one offs for this NSX.

The only reverse mod seems to be going to 02 rear lights from what a far too F'like rear light set up. I agree with ROb in that I've never liked these very open rear diffuser set ups on any NSX unless its on track where it makes sense, but not on the road. Would have been nice to see a more integrated valance and exhaust execution .... maybe thats the next project?

regards, Paul

Rob_Fenn
16-07-2011, 06:03 PM
OK Rob...Yours in the running too... ;):)

SS

LOL ;)

So are the interior controls all Acura bits? I presumed it had BMW iDrive or something!

Silver Surfer
16-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes it is Vrooms(Prime) car:

Complete Acura RDX Audio-Video-Nav system (with Tech Package); machine brackets for the 6 disc in dash unit, LCD screen, I drive control and had to make a new switch system for the dash (to control the Nav); "eyebrow" display that is mounted in the upper dash garnish. This shows all the needed info like time, radio station, volume and disc info; a complete RDX dash harness and re-loomed the entire NSX dash harness to be a plug a play with all the new electronics. Oh, and covered all the trim in 4x4 Twill carbon.

The entire top half of the center console from where the ashtray was is s-glass and carbon with a few kevlar spines for support. It has no bondo in it. Just a small amount of SMC (a carbon based filler) to add some of the mounting points on the back side. The console trim actually weights 3.5 oz less that factory and is now one piece (not a separate section where the factory clock and air ducts were).

SS

Silver Surfer
16-07-2011, 08:31 PM
More: these are before the seats are done 2 years ago.

SS

gumball
17-07-2011, 08:38 AM
It is beautifully engineered, to someone else's taste.

Nick Graves
17-07-2011, 03:50 PM
The interior is excellent, even if I'd have preferred RL to RDX bits.

Just shows what would have been easily possible, if Honda CBA to develop an NA3 version instead of bottling it entirely.

Exterior's a bit too Ferrari-watanabe; not enough NSX DNA remains.

TheSebringOne
17-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Its not my cup of T, but it has been coverted to a very high standard. I don't like the rear aero diffuser and would lose the steering wheel.
The seats look good, I also like the ground effect CF aero bits below the sills and the black Advan alloy wheels.