PDA

View Full Version : Engine warning light + TCS Light on

jpspringall
17-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Went to take the car for a drive this morning while it wasnt actuallt raining, and noticed that the engine warning light and TCS light had come on.

Going by what james said in common faults:
O2 sensor = ECL and oftren TCS lights.

It's like to be the O2 sensor, can anyone confirm this?

Cheers

James

Silver Surfer
17-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi James,

It is most commonly the O2 sensor...I would 'paper-clip' the blue socket in the passenger foot well to read the code(s) and then pull and replace the clock fuse out from under the bonnet to reset and erase all code(s) and go for another drive to see if the same warning lights appear...if so the read the code again.

SS

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi, James.

Whenever you see the warning light, please try to read the error code.

Even if you no longer see it after re-starting the engine, the code is stored in the memory unless you reset it.

You may already know this (as Silver Surfer described it as 'paper-clip it') but for your freference, please follow the procedure in the link below;

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9229-How-to-read-the-error-code

As always, please do not reset the error code before reading it first.

Kaz

jpspringall
19-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi Kaz,

Unfortauntely, i did have room to gain access to blue socket, but as it's finally made it to honda i can confirm that it was error code 42 rear O2 sensor - the same as hazman's so it must be that time of year.

Cheers

James

Kaz-kzukNA1
20-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi, James.

It's good to know that the cause of ECL and TCS was simple as the Rear bank O2 sensor heater circuit and you now know the importance of reading the error code in case you need to deal with the future issue.

Hope you didn’t pay too much for the replacement sensor and being as the rear bank, it will be really tight or already seized unless it was replaced in the past.

Seems like you are not doing DIY for this one which could be a good idea and hope your NSX will be back on the road very soon.

Kaz

jpspringall
23-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Kaz,

Just got the car back, and can safely say i missed it.

I generally dont do anything myself on the car as i dont have the technical knowledge or room to do it myself, so it will always be done by Honda.

Though it's absolutely brilliant the help you can get on here pinpointing the likely issue.

Many thanks for your help

James