PDA

View Full Version : Top gear tonite- Rowan Atkison mentions the nsx

Sudesh
17-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Just watching TG and Rowan mentioned the NSX and MCLaren F1, not allot of words but he did say he liked it.

Sudesh
17-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Little article here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article1126478.ece

http://www.carsuk.net/top-gear-rowan-atkinson-jaguar-xkr-s-caravan-trains/

Apparently he owned a blue NSX.

havoc
17-07-2011, 09:09 PM
"A car with no image at all" - actually sums it up fairly well...

NSX 2000
17-07-2011, 10:04 PM
I wonder if Clarkson brought it up as he has a soft spot for the NSX as well.

nobby
17-07-2011, 11:02 PM
i wondered why the audience for some reason giggled when JC brought it up , considering most people in the audience would know sweet fa about cars unless it had a mini or bmw badge on it! :(

TheSebringOne
17-07-2011, 11:40 PM
In the context of the fact he owns a F1 and said the NSX was a good car, thats positive in my eyes.

Well we all know there are design ideas from the NSX in the F1 as a certain Gordan Murray admits to.

PeteM
17-07-2011, 11:55 PM
i wondered why the audience for some reason giggled when JC brought it up

Probably due to an amusing story JC told on a previous Top Gear of being cut up by a Nsx to find out that Rowen Atkinson was driving it.

I believe it was the epiosode where Hammond drove the Type R come to think of it .

Cheers Pete.

WhyOne?
18-07-2011, 06:24 AM
I wonder if Clarkson brought it up as he has a soft spot for the NSX as well.

Yes, it was Clarkeson rather than RA who brought the NSX up, and yes, it is a car he likes a lot (I have spoken to him about it).

Also....see my signature!

nobby
18-07-2011, 09:16 AM
be surprised if they remember that to be honest ... back then TG was not popular as it is now ... and it appeared more women larfed (sorry if i offend)!
dunno, i may be reading too much into it!

LOL!

i just found it very odd ...

Probably due to an amusing story JC told on a previous Top Gear of being cut up by a Nsx to find out that Rowen Atkinson was driving it.

I believe it was the epiosode where Hammond drove the Type R come to think of it .

Cheers Pete.

markc
18-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I have a picture of Rowan Atkinson at the wheel of an Indy Yellow NSX at the 1994 (yes you read that correctly) Goodwood Festival of speed. He drove it in the Supercar parade :)

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
18-07-2011, 09:56 AM
I have a picture of Rowan Atkinson at the wheel of an Indy Yellow NSX at the 1994 (yes you read that correctly) Goodwood Festival of speed. He drove it in the Supercar parade :)

Cheers

Mark

Post it up Mark!

Anyone on here got a pic of his blue one?

Nick Graves
18-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Typical Atkinson; intelligent, thoughtful, almost taciturn. And naturally very funny.

Like the way he rather understatedly went and spanked the lap record.

18-07-2011, 01:03 PM
TG was good, Rowan summed up very well, considering he tops the charts now and said the NSX was a very good car...he has very good taste!

nobby
18-07-2011, 01:09 PM
+ 1

:)

you cant argue with the man ... he owns an F1 ... albeit JC is not a fan

and we all know the NSX is a 'lovely car' ... end of!

Rowan summed up very well, considering he tops the charts now and said the NSX was a very good car...he has very good taste!

markc
18-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Post it up Mark!

I'll have to dig it out and scan it, this was before the days when every body had a digital camera! :D

Cheers

Mark

NSX 2000
18-07-2011, 02:04 PM

It was for sale a year or two back and discussed on here (with pics). Number plate ended KKC as I remember making a silly joke about it.

Paul.

NSXGB
18-07-2011, 02:47 PM
I have the article in my NSX scrapbook. I'll scan it in when I get a chance.

havoc
18-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Well we all know there are design ideas from the NSX in the F1 as a certain Gordan Murray admits to.

Including the NSX's synchromesh design, as I found out while chatting to an ex-Mclaren employee at the Pistenklause last month!

m666 edd
26-07-2011, 11:46 AM
be surprised if they remember that to be honest ... back then TG was not popular as it is now ... and it appeared more women larfed (sorry if i offend)!
dunno, i may be reading too much into it!

LOL!

i just found it very odd ...

Agreed. They clearly laughed because Jeremy was basically saying that a car nut with plenty of money had a 'Honda'.