PDA

View Full Version : Headers...again!

hazman
21-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I know this subject has been done to death recently, but still looking for headers and Mark @ Dali suggested these:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=831 but wasn't sure if they'd fit my UK '96 manual 3.0, as the UK & US spec differs.
He said he could tell from a photo looking up to the engine from underneath, but I don't have access to a lift. Does anyone know for sure if this will fit?....Thanks

duncan
21-07-2011, 10:54 AM
See the attached post from NSXPrime
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125149
My understanding is that the UK cars maintained the initial layout until the 3.2s were introduced.

nobby
21-07-2011, 11:28 AM
hi mate

i think Ed's car (for sale on PH) has the DC sports system on his car ... his is a 96 car and its installed on his. Check out Sudesh's NSX Refresh thread ... its been documented here.

NB. I think this was a full DC system install, so may be not the info you require ...

i would love to get a set of headers for my 94 as i know the car is really restricted with the originals ... but i am taking kaz's advice and going with ABS upgrade first!

Let me know how you get on, as defo a future mod for me

hazman
21-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Sorry for being thick, but those pics refer to the back box? - I'm concerned with the headers & intending to bolt them to the existing 'inbetween' bits of CATs etc..

AR
21-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi Hazman,

Basically look at this picture here from SOS:

The extra bit connected to the back of the headers was only used in the US AFAIK until 1994. In the UK it was used until 1997 3.2 cars.

Those are the ones you need.

These are not:

Make sure they have the 02 extension wires.

Cheers,

AR

nigel
21-07-2011, 11:42 PM
I have the first headers pictured, Comp-Tech, as well as the matching muffler from Comp-Tech. Got mine from Chris at SoS.
They do come with the O2 extensions. The ball and socket fittings won't leak or go off with age. Many Piper and Cessna twins, amoung others use the same exhaust fittings.
I had my headers drop shipped to "Jet Hot Coatings" for a bout of ceramic and they're the dogs danglies! (thanks again James) $220 us, backed for life.
The coating dropped the engine compartment temp 65 degrees F. You get three hp from the coating as well.
My .02 p's worth.

Cheers
nigel