PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice

banzaicars
18-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi,

I'm very close to buying a 96 NSX-T manual, everything seems perfect about it but I have noticed in the pictures of the interior that the air bag cover is a different shade to the steering wheel.

The car is in a Honda dealer in Dundee and over the phone the salesman has assured me the car has never been accident damaged (HPI report available) and is in excellent condition.

Is it an over-exposure to sunlight being a targa, could it have been replaced due to recall or has it had some kind of bump causing the airbag to be deployed? There are no receipts with it but it does have a fully Honda stamped service book.

I am about to make a 800 mile round trip to see the car and wanted your opinions.

Thanks.

BrownBear
18-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi,

I was going to say it doesn't look right and then post a picture showing how it should look - but the first picture I opened (of an 03 interior) showed the same (to a lesser effect) -see below.

Maybe it's something to do with taking the picture with a flash? In the flesh and without a flash the SRS cover and wheel are the same colour, so if they're visibly different when you get there, the cover's been changed.

HTH
Joe

Rob_Fenn
18-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Well a camera could make it look different because it's a different material after all.

Is there no way of talking to the previous owner?

-Rob