PDA

View Full Version : Alarming

NSX100
26-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I have had it with the Clifford 600 alarm installed by a previous owner on my car, a subject of an earlier post. Not only is it needlessly complicated with most of the functions irrelevant and unused, it has a life of its own. Currently it has decided to sound the alarm once every 10 sec after being remotely locked resulting in me having to lock the car the old fashioned way with the key.

So, rather than yet again seek advice on what this problem might be - it even seemed too much for the mighty Kaz - my question is this. Would a Honda garage be able to remove it and revert back to the OEM system? I know that Sexton's can remove it but they offered to replace it with a Toad system for £400 - frying pans and fires came to mind.

Any thoughts/comments/advice welcome

Thanks,

David

jpspringall
26-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi David,

As you might have seen from my previous post, i've also had an issue with my Toad Alaram, though in this case it wasnt the alarms fault.

1st Question is do you know where the alarm is located on the car, as that was my 1st issue.

Other things to consider are the fact that, some modifications may have be done to fit your clifford alarm, ie remove the OEM alarm

If you can revert back to the OEM, then obviously something will have to be done to wiring that is left over from the clifford alarm.

Quite a few Honda dealers & alarm type people i had spoken to refused to touch it with a barge pole with it being an NSX, also probably due to the fact that i didnt know where the alarm was located.

If you want to give them a call my Honda Dealer is Soham Honda (Paul Foulds is the service manager), and they fixed mine so might be able to give you some advice.

Cheers

James