PDA

View Full Version : New windscreen?

Tokyo-Joe
30-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Hey guys,

I am having a bit of hassle obtaining a new windscreen through my insurance, their suppliers have to special order them at great cost.

I was wondering who on here has had their screen replaced and who they used (cost would be helpful too!).

Thanks!

Senninha
30-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Drop Simon (NSXGB) a pm ... he did a lot of homework before replacing his recently ....

Hope this helps,

Paul

NSXGB
30-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Mine was done by Mobile Windscreens. Sounds like you have a £1k limit on your insurance too? I haggled with them to do the job for that price but they did complain that they weren't making much out of the job.
The screen will come from Honda and you will need I think lower screen clips, push pins and the upper screen mouldings which will account for about £200 before they get the screen price...
There's a thread on this somewhere with more detail...

Tokyo-Joe
30-08-2011, 05:33 PM
What is the price of the windscreen package does anyone know?

paulc
31-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Good luck I have been waiting since Feb for Auto Glass to get me one!

Tokyo-Joe
31-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Damn, that's crazy!

NSXGB
31-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Good luck I have been waiting since Feb for Auto Glass to get me one!

Mine was delivered in less than a week from Honda (Belgium) a couple of months back through National Mobile Windscreens, I would tout your trade elsewhere... The lower windscreen moulding clips took longer though....

paulc
01-09-2011, 09:55 AM
According to Autoglass they tried all "avenues" and have got to wait until one arrives from Japan. I might ring them up again and quote your case.

WhyOne?
01-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Sounds to me like Honda Europe (central warehouse in Belgium) are out of stock, hence delivery from Japan.

In this situation, I would ordinarily look to the US for supply, but I appreciate this is not possible in your situation.

Hope the screen arrives in a timely fashion.

Hagasan
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Paul,

have you tried calling a Honda dealer direct and finding out the supply lead time? I would do that and if it's different to what Autoglass say then have some words!!

According to Autoglass they tried all "avenues" and have got to wait until one arrives from Japan. I might ring them up again and quote your case.

Sudesh
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM

I could be wrong, but the JDM windscreen I think is slightly different, maybe its the color or the top UV band, cant remember now or maybe I'm thinking of Type-r.

Anyway Based on UK parts system:

The NSX windscreen to buy outright is £811.15, [blue band] thats just the screen on its own and based on 91 model

97 Model the screen is £849.78 and has a [green band]

2002 is the same price as 97 and has a green band but part number is different.

Tokyo-Joe
10-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Just a little update, my insurance is being a real pain but after I've battled through several tiers of management I have hopefully got to somebody who can make a call on the quote I have from AutoGlass. They have a center close to me and the fitted quote was 1300 quid. Fingers crossed they say yes and I can get a shiny new screen :)

Nick Graves
10-09-2011, 06:09 PM
^ Odd; second hit by weblosers in a couple of days. ^

havoc
10-09-2011, 08:14 PM
You have to wonder why they bother, unless their intention is to annoy complete strangers just for the hell of it?!?

Admin - can we get the server address of the spammers, be quite nice to pay them a visit! :D

Tokyo-Joe
11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
It's most likely an automated script, the user will run it across a large range of sites to attempt to get users to click on a certain call to action. All you can do is try to make it harder for 'bots' to post that's why we are getting all these human 'what's 1 + 1 =?' type questions to fool them :)

paulc
21-09-2011, 02:59 PM
At long last Autoglass fitted a new windscreen, looks very good.