PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

Lowndes
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Just thought I would let members know that my Wanted ad of a few weeks ago has borne fruit and on Wednesday I picked up a 2000 Red 3.2manual car from Steve (Ollie on here). Its 132 month service was due and I thought it would be nice to collect the final stamp in the book so I ran it over to Northway Honda who are more or less my nearest. Gratifyingly the checks came up Green OK in all areas and while it was on the ramp I had a good look underneath which all seemed very clean. So many thanks to Steve for letting me have what I think is a very nice car.

First few miles in a new car are always noteworthy and in this case for all the right reasons. Impressions are of a beautifully balanced package where all thecomponents work harmoniously together. The ride is wonderfully supple and the power delivery nicely progressive.

And as luck would have it I have a trip to Yorkshire next week end so that will present a good opportunity for a decent run.

There is one small query to do with the immobiliser. Northway thought there should be a red immobiliser fob to go with the red key. I have the latter but not the former. Any ideas?

Nick Graves
03-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi and welcome.

The car IS an amazing blend of limousine smoothness & edgy character and it sounds like you have found one of the good ones. Enjoy.

There IS a red immobiliser key, but it does more harm than good IMO. If you use it you can 'clear' the rollng codes and have to re-program it.

You can clone new immobiliser transducers from your existing key, should you need a spare set. Which is what I did with the 'Lude, since the red key has gone.

nobby
04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
best wishes with new purchase, get out there and enjoy it! :)

TheSebringOne
04-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Congratulations! Please post some pics in due course.

Lowndes
05-09-2011, 11:39 AM
10310103091031110308 (http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/nwltd/NZXandGT3Sept20113exreg-1.jpg)

Getting there slowly!

nobby
05-09-2011, 12:50 PM
it did work but u spoiled the photo with the porker in it! :)

Lowndes
05-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't understand this at all as all I can see is the http code

Help needed please!

nobby
05-09-2011, 02:08 PM
the image tags are not working but if you remove these and left with http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/nwltd/NZXandGT3Sept20113exreg-1.jpg

this will allow people to see your pic! :)

you best bet if you want to use pics is use the advanced editor and attach pics, they will come up as thumbnails on your post and people will click on them and get a bigger image as required

I don't understand this at all as all I can see is the http code

Help needed please!

Lowndes
05-09-2011, 03:08 PM

I was a bit concerned that the absence of any words saying VTEC or NSX on the engine might mean it was a transplant from a Civic. Fortunately after some searching I found the very hard to read engine no. which I am pleased to say coincided with the V5 details. I also did the VIN cross check on the 9th symbol and that also gave the right result!

Lowndes
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks for your help with this. The process is a bit different to the other places I post such as PH and PCGB, albeit I am a pretty infrequent poster there also and hardly expert on any forum.

the image tags are not working but if you remove these and left with http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/nwltd/NZXandGT3Sept20113exreg-1.jpg

this will allow people to see your pic! :)

you best bet if you want to use pics is use the advanced editor and attach pics, they will come up as thumbnails on your post and people will click on them and get a bigger image as required

TheSebringOne
05-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Very nice pair! How would you compare both cars?

Lowndes
06-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Very nice pair! How would you compare both cars?

Obviously for me it is early days with the NSX but my initial impressions are that they are very different cars. To my eye the NSX looks delicate, sleek ,refined and dated whereas the GT3 is squat, burly and menacing. In the cabin the NSX is plush and fully appointed whereas the GT3 suffers from the accountants involvement in the 996 development. That having been said the fixed buckets are surprisingly comfortable and provide better lateral support than the NSX seats. There is also more space for oddments. Both have voltmeters but no oil temp gauge which to me makes no sense.

As far as the dynamics are concerned my cars have coincidentally done circa 32k miles and both feel very solid and drive like new. Both have their own sound track, quite different but equally appealing.

I have had the GT3 suspension set up by Center Gravity with factory set up except for -2.0° camber on the front instead of the -1.0° factory spec. I have no idea what the NSX set up on my car is but will get it checked when I have a chance. The result is that the NSX handles the UK’s indifferent road surfaces much better than the GT3 which by contrast seems more sensitive. In the dry the limits of both cars are outside my performance envelope on public roads but my feeling is the GT3 would be faster on the track. This is due to better brakes and another 90bhp plus better traction out of corners. But on a dark wet road in November the NSX wouldbe the safer choice.

So I can’t really say one is better than the other. They are different and there is plenty of reason to take either

nobby
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
nay bother bud

glad you got sorted ... well you seemed to have! :)

i was jesting about the Porsche (:)) ... not a bad choice to have on your driveway! :)

your description on both cars was interesting to read for sure

best of luck with both, and hope you continue to contribute to this forum ... when you can!

Thanks for your help with this. The process is a bit different to the other places I post such as PH and PCGB, albeit I am a pretty infrequent poster there also and hardly expert on any forum.

Sudesh
06-09-2011, 08:50 PM

I was a bit concerned that the absence of any words saying VTEC or NSX on the engine might mean it was a transplant from a Civic. Fortunately after some searching I found the very hard to read engine no. which I am pleased to say coincided with the V5 details. I also did the VIN cross check on the 9th symbol and that also gave the right result!

No NSX has the wording "NSX" in the engine bay. However earlier models used to have the DOHC VTEC wording on the centre plate in the engine bay, this was done away with on later cars. I remember posting all the different types of centre plates somewhere on here before.

Justin
06-09-2011, 11:30 PM
after some searching I found the very hard to read engine no. which I am pleased to say coincided with the V5 details
Isn't it on your VIN plate (the big one that says hi as soon as you pop the bonnet)? [Edit: I suppose that's of no help to the man who fears his engine's been swapped... wasn't thinking for a mo]

Cracking looking car, congrats on a great purchase :beer:

Senninha
07-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Great News and glad to have helped in a small way ...

Enjoy it and I look forward to meeting up some time soon,

regards, Paul

NSX100
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Not too many pop up NA2 models around and even fewer in such a great colour.

Good driving

David