PDA

View Full Version : The time has finally come. Wanted: An NSX!

Jammy
04-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi All,

The time has finally come. I'm a Honda man through and through as I can see so many others in this great Community are. My short car history includes a Civic Jordan and an Integra DC5 only, and whilst I've loved every minute of owning them it's always been in the back of mind that they are just acting as the warm up for the main event - an NSX!

I've started my search in parallel to preparing my DC5 for sale, which will heaten once I've passed it on to a new owner. Availability seems a little light at the moment but I need to resist the urge to pounce on the first example I see and patiently wait for the right one for me to come along.

Unfortunately my budget will only extend to circa £20k but I am hoping that will get me something creeping towards 1995 that has been well looked after, with less than 100k miles on the clock. I'd welcome comment on whether this is realistic.

My requirements don't go much further than that - I am open to various colours and specs - though my preference is that it hasn't deviated too far from standard Honda styling.

This is a plea to fellow members to pass on any leads they come across as well as opinion on examples on the market, and also a plea to get in touch should you be considering a sale yourself between now and Christmas.

Many thanks in advance to all!
James

TheSebringOne
04-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Welcome and good luck in your search!

I think it would be realistic to pick up an early 90s to may be a 93/4 with mileage at 100k or more.

Its just whether someone wants to sell as cars are getting rarer. May be Winter might be a good bet?

Senninha
04-09-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9392-Lot-of-re-work-for-a-55k-car...what-s-the-history-!

This could worth a look . . . Very rare spec and looks great value

Good luck

nobby
05-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Good man

glad to hear you are thinking of one.

they are a great car but be warned upkeep will be harder compared to your previous Honda cars (if specific NSX parts are needed). and if you have a 'prang' God help you! :(

first off, I own a 94 JDM car ... i purchased sub 20k but have spent way above that to get it right ... and still going with doing bits in bobs (next step abs upgrade)

nothing was majorly wrong but when buying these cars certain works needs done/seen to and this is where the NSX becomes a love/hate affair re parts prices etc

my advice look through Kaz's blogs and health service threads as well as Sudesh's Refresh section in NSX Technical ... the latter lovingly looks after my car!

if you are interested pm me i am happy to run through potential costs based on works done etc or simply look at threads posted on here

you should be able to pick up an earlier car for that amount of money but i urge you to have/use a slush fund for bits n bobs. at the same time with the renewed interest in the car this year with various publications etc prices vary and tend to be up when i purchased (last year), so coming into winter/new year may help but it will depend

DO NOT write a car off with >100k on the clock ... these cars are well documented going inter galactic mileage if properly looked after (check out NSX Prime) so if a good genuine motor crops up dont dismiss it outright

wish you all the best in your quest for one James

Good luck

Hi All,

The time has finally come. I'm a Honda man through and through as I can see so many others in this great Community are. My short car history includes a Civic Jordan and an Integra DC5 only, and whilst I've loved every minute of owning them it's always been in the back of mind that they are just acting as the warm up for the main event - an NSX!

I've started my search in parallel to preparing my DC5 for sale, which will heaten once I've passed it on to a new owner. Availability seems a little light at the moment but I need to resist the urge to pounce on the first example I see and patiently wait for the right one for me to come along.

Unfortunately my budget will only extend to circa £20k but I am hoping that will get me something creeping towards 1995 that has been well looked after, with less than 100k miles on the clock. I'd welcome comment on whether this is realistic.

My requirements don't go much further than that - I am open to various colours and specs - though my preference is that it hasn't deviated too far from standard Honda styling.

This is a plea to fellow members to pass on any leads they come across as well as opinion on examples on the market, and also a plea to get in touch should you be considering a sale yourself between now and Christmas.

Many thanks in advance to all!
James