PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Replacing Timing belt on 02+ ??

Boomin33
24-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Anybody have some reference points for me? I had heard £450 from one person, but think that was a earlier model.

Just got a bit of sticker shock ( considerably higher than the above ) on an invoice I just got for having mine done...

*also, with or without waterpump... if you had this work done?

Hagasan
24-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Depending on which level you go to, ie water pump or not and possibly crank pulley as well, then I'd suggest you decide whether to source the parts from your Homeland!! They are considerably cheaper in the US than the UK. Dealers like Norton Way are happy to do the labour only route with OEM parts. This will reduce your overall costs based on parts & labour both from the dealer here.

I had the water pump done on mine at the same time. I think it is a false economy not to because how long will it be before the next belt change and how more does the pump deteriote in the meantime. It's a cost effective "while you're in there" job as there is only maybe another half hour labour involved. I know you're thinking of selling your car but savvy buyers might question why you didn't do it and may even read this forum anyway...

I think the job is going to be more than £450. Bryan Smith is the service manager at Norton Way, very helpful chap, he'll fill you in on the breakdowns and options. As you may know NW & Chiswick Honda are the same group but NW is the more reknowned NSX servicing side of the two.

Hope this helps although there was also the Honda nudge I suggested!!

Gary

214nsx
25-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I had mine ( 02 ) done 3 months ago £400 labour plus parts, all belts and water pump were replaced at same time.

phill

Boomin33
26-09-2011, 08:17 AM
that sounds like £600 - £800... so about right on what I've paid.