PDA

View Full Version : Paint corrosion car list

Papalazarou
26-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Over the past five years it's become evident that a number of late model cars have suffered from paint corrosion.
Some have made successful claims through Honda, some have not. Some of us haven't even tried.
So after some prompting it seemed sensible to get a list of owners with this problem and see whether we can get HUK to address the issue and hopefully rectify.

I know some will view posting this up on a public forum as potentially damaging to the integrity of the product and their individual car, but realistically this is not anything major or structural, it's just a minor paint issue which we believe should be rectified.
To keep things as discrete as possible please PM me you details and I will add the details to the list. Please include areas affected, age and mileage.
I will only include year and mileage on this list and will omit names and specifics.

If you have a problem, please let me know.

1. Reg: 54. formula red. 24K miles - N/S rear of front wing/rear wing (both ends), Underneath bonnet.
2. Reg: 53? IOP. 33K miles - lower front of both rear corner-panels(facing wheels), middle of underside of Bonnet,

Papalazarou
30-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Paint corrosion list
Another one for the list.....

1. Reg: 54. formula red. 24K miles - N/S rear of front wing/rear wing (both ends), Underneath bonnet.
2. Reg: 53? IOP. 33K miles - lower front of both rear corner-panels(facing wheels), middle of underside of Bonnet,
3. Reg: 53 LBB. 54k miles - Lower back corner of both wheel arches facing wheel, & near side side front wheel arch facing wheel.

Senninha
30-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Hi James,

Do you think there is any mileage in pre-facelift car owners contributing to the cause?

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi James,

Do you think there is any mileage in pre-facelift car owners contributing to the cause?

regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure how successful this will be, but I do believe that the more people we have the better. So I would definitely invite anyone with this issue to contribute.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
3. Reg: 53 LBB. 54k miles - Lower back corner of both wheel arches facing wheel, & near side side front wheel arch facing wheel.
4. Reg: 98S - paint bubbling to lower front wing where it meets bumper and valance

Senninha
26-02-2012, 08:12 AM
A few months on ... Did this go anywhere?

Papalazarou
26-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi Paul,

Sorry forgot to post outcome. In my case, Honda were actually very good. They sent an independent guy down to check out the defects. They viewed the car at my local dealer, did an analysis then reported back to HUK.
Because the inspection was commissioned by HUK I was not privi to the report, but it would seem that the corrosion fell under two areas. First, that caused by foreign objects such as stone chips permeating the paint. And secondly, inside corrosion unidentified but probably the result of a problem in the manufacturing process. Although HUK would not positively take the line this was the case.
However, considering the vehicle was a year out of corrosion warranty, they did give me a donation towards reparation, which was very reasonable under the circumstances.
The reason I did not try to pursue this issue further with regard to a group action was two fold.
First, HUK only deal with this issue on a case by case basis. This is understandable given that every car has had a different life; may have been repainted or repaired previously.Second, because many of the cars are outside of warranty.
my car has the corrosion in the normal places, front wheel arch and NS rear wing.
Luckily the car is red so colour match isn't the world of pain it could be. Incidentally it's going in tomorrow so I can get it on PH's by the second week of March.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

James.