PDA

View Full Version : NSX availability

TheSebringOne
07-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Just had a look on PH, theres only two for sale!

Either supply is drying up or they are in hibernation for Winter.

Lankstarr
07-11-2011, 07:39 AM
7 on autotrader I think... A couple of good early ones at reasonable prices. Strange as pistonheads is usually a lot busier.

L*

NSXGB
07-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Only one left now, smart looking red auto @£15k. Bargain.

Hagasan
07-11-2011, 03:22 PM
7 on autotrader I think... A couple of good early ones at reasonable prices. Strange as pistonheads is usually a lot busier.

L*

With ads on Pistonheads, well standard ones anyway, they only last a month now and expire. You have to effectively re-advertise again or it's binned off so I doubt everything has sold. Most probably sellers not noticing or busy elsewhere.....

Papalazarou
07-11-2011, 06:20 PM
It's just not a great time to advertise. Anytime between November and February is normally a massive waste of time. Saying that, I did buy a 911 in December. But it was cheap.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
14-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Nice 02+ with low miles & just had TB done.

The advert is written as though its being sold on behalf of someone else?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3403501.htm

nobby
15-11-2011, 08:51 AM
very nice car by looks of it

again the advert leaves alot to be desired, how hard is it to give a good account of a car (btw i dont mean going into miniscule detail)?

Nice 02+ with low miles & just had TB done.

The advert is written as though its being sold on behalf of someone else?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3403501.htm

havoc
15-11-2011, 09:30 AM
True.

In this case though, the car sells itself - an FHSH 02+ will probably disappear* quicker than chocolate at a childrens' party, as long as it's not Cat-D/C.

* And possibly abroad, in the current climate! :(

AR
15-11-2011, 09:57 AM
The current climate also affects "abroad".

Niche cars are hard and easy to sell, a curious paradigm.

Senninha
15-11-2011, 12:15 PM
The current climate also affects "abroad".

Niche cars are hard and easy to sell, a curious paradigm.

There is still a market for the right cars as this thread from Prime illustrates ... interesting read and its new home is revealed in post # 86

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
15-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Which thread's that Paul:)

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
15-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Which thread's that Paul:)

Cheers,

James.

Ahh, so you spotted my clearly deliberate ommission James ...

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150213&highlight=barn

Try this one ....

Nick Graves
17-11-2011, 08:17 PM
very nice car by looks of it

again the advert leaves alot to be desired, how hard is it to give a good account of a car (btw i dont mean going into miniscule detail)?

It's a tad curt, but mostly facts, Mr. Gradgrind! Hardly a tempting sales spiel.

Perhaps he's hoping it won't sell...

214nsx
18-11-2011, 01:02 AM
seller would not allow test drive even if you had fully com on your own car, unless you take out another fully com on his car.
T/B had been changed but not the water pump? 5 owners

Papalazarou
18-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I can understand the owner not wanting other people to drive his car. The guy who bought my first 02 car was a liability; emergency stops in the dark on narrow roads he didn't know.
As for the water pump. I know it's a good idea to change if you're doing the TB, but on the three cam belts I've had done, the highest mileage being around 60k, the water pumps have all been perfect. Sure there are arguments about the new belt putting more pressure through the old water pump, potential corrosion issues and the original WP potentially doing 12-16 years if not changed. But on a well serviced low mileage car I don't think it's the end of the world.

Cheers,

James..

AR
18-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Anything can be sold if the right buyer comes along...

Rob_Fenn
20-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I just can't get excited about a facelift in silver...

Papalazarou
21-11-2011, 10:30 AM

Just love your constructive comments Rob.

Nick Graves
21-11-2011, 11:35 AM
:D

It's all about me...

SILVER BULLET
21-11-2011, 07:32 PM

Well Rob, I for one get excited every time that I look in my garage and see MY SILVER NSX:cool:as I am sure do the other owners of a SILVER NSX here, and everyone knows it's the fastest colour:rolleyes:,

Cheers,

Ian

Papalazarou
22-11-2011, 08:06 AM
everyone knows it's the fastest colour:rolleyes:,

Cheers,

Ian

Only when you're driving Ian;-)

NSX 2000
22-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Just love your constructive comments Rob.

Well Rob, I for one get excited every time that I look in my garage and see MY SILVER NSX:cool:as I am sure do the other owners of a SILVER NSX here, and everyone knows it's the fastest colour:rolleyes:,

Cheers,

Ian

I do understand Rob's view point, Silver is a "safe" colour, even the police get their cars in siver now.

I remember in 1981 my Father came home in his brand new (W126) Mercerdes 280SE in Silver it looked beautiful. But nobody had silver cars then, now it's the most common colour for a car.

However I would have bought the 55 plate Silver with all Blue interior NSX in a heart beat.

Paul.

sorepaws
22-11-2011, 06:07 PM
ponders the thought of a pink panel wrap NSX

Sorry frivolous post...

Nick Graves
22-11-2011, 07:49 PM
It was; then it was black & latterly white.

I used to despise silver cars for their received-wisdomness and the difficulty of paint-matching. It's also one of the 110 shades of grey on the german colour chart.

But a silver (especially silverslow) really suits the NSX's lines; it looks like they forgot to paint it.

markc
22-11-2011, 09:32 PM
It was; then it was black & latterly white.

I don't get the current trend/fashion for white cars. Certain sports cars have always looked good in white, it lends them a fresh out of the factory ready for sponsors logos look, but most other cars look dull/wrong. The police started buying silver cars so that they'd be worth a bit more come resell/disposal. In a few years time you won't be able to give a white Saloon/Hatch/4x4/People Carrier away. The NSX looks good in any (almost) colour :cool:

Cheers

Mark

andy300
22-11-2011, 10:45 PM
probably the best colour for a nsx :)107651076610767

Senninha
22-11-2011, 10:52 PM
probably the best colour for a nsx :)107651076610767

Wow ... I hope you've enjoyed the summer. I absolutely love Silverstone on the facelift NSX ... just couldn't live with the blue ...

regards, Paul

SILVER BULLET
23-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I do understand Rob's view point, Silver is a "safe" colour, even the police get their cars in siver now.

I remember in 1981 my Father came home in his brand new (W126) Mercerdes 280SE in Silver it looked beautiful. But nobody had silver cars then, now it's the most common colour for a car.

However I would have bought the 55 plate Silver with all Blue interior NSX in a heart beat.

Paul.

Of course Red, blue,yellow,orange and black are very rare colours:rolleyes: , I believe black is particularly popular with undertakers :laugh:

TheSebringOne
23-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Andy300, lovely to see your NSX.

Was this previously owned by a member here & one of the famous final 12?

andy300
24-11-2011, 09:27 AM
hi , he was a member but i dont think he went on here much at all , the nsx is great , it is the third i have had , i sold my silver 97 targa with red leather a few months ago , as soon as it was sold i wish i had,ent , then the following week this came up for sale so got it stirght away , it has six thousand miles on the clock and one owner , and is as near perfect as poss , it is one of the last 12 , suppose to be the last of the 12 but not sure if it is , it drives like a new car and is as clean underneath as a new car ,andy

Nick Graves
25-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Soooo Andy...

Targa vs Coupe; discuss.

:lightsbluetouchpaperandretirestosafedistance:

Papalazarou
25-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Soooo Andy...

Targa vs Coupe; discuss.

:lightsbluetouchpaperandretirestosafedistance:

Maybe Rob can help us out with this one?

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
25-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't get the current trend/fashion for white cars. Certain sports cars have always looked good in white, it lends them a fresh out of the factory ready for sponsors logos look, but most other cars look dull/wrong. The police started buying silver cars so that they'd be worth a bit more come resell/disposal. In a few years time you won't be able to give a white Saloon/Hatch/4x4/People Carrier away. The NSX looks good in any (almost) colour :cool:

Cheers

Mark

I still haven't got over those sh it Ford XR3is of the '80s with their Xmas tree lights, diamond white & early corrosion brown paint scheme & one front wheel 1" too far back, so I tend to agree.

Honda did do a superb pearl jam white (slight red flip; I'd see a doctor about that) for the S2000 in 2008 that looked really good, though.