PDA

View Full Version : Honda CR-Z Mugen to go on sale £23k

sorepaws
28-11-2011, 08:26 PM
from Autocar

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/260241/

TheSebringOne
28-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Funny, how the one on Fifth Gear was apparently valued at £150K! Abeit is the prototype.
I hope the finished article doesn't understeer like that one.

NSX 2000
29-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Story also to found here,

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=24779

but with a much better main photo :D

NSX 2000
29-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Funny, how the one on Fifth Gear was apparently valued at £150K! Abeit is the prototype.

Hi James, hope the north is treating you well.

The car Fifth Gear tested (and was on our stand at this years Silverstone Classic) I was also lucky enough to take around the Rockingham circuit, and yes the car is valued at £150K. This is due to the high cost of the one off items fitted to the car and the cost of all the R&D and it being put together by hand, but now they are going to mass produce it the bean counters have worked out that they can sell it for £23k, but I reckon that the production car will not have any of the CF parts that the test mule has fitted to it.

Paul

PeteM
29-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Any front wheel drive car on a damp greasy race track will understeer if you provoke it, my mk2 Golf track car has a limited slip diff and in the wet round a track it will quite happily understeer on demand. Now in the dry it's a completeley different story!

Cheers Pete.

Nick Graves
29-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Another reason Honda should never have abandoned 4WS; you can get some really great on-the-limit drifts if you set the 'Lude up right.

And it's quite compliant on the bumps too, so doesn't get bounced off.

Bit like a more forgiving NSX with the engine in the wrong place.

TheSebringOne
29-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm fine thanks Paul, just a few degrees colder up North = tougher skin! CF is still too expensive!

Yes, I love the 4WS as in addition to on the limit drifting, great for parking the large rear hump into some tight spaces too!

I think some manufacturers still use it on the odd model, the sport coupe Laguna springs to mind.

Nick Graves
30-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Indeed; there is a BMW 5er with it. And an Infiniti G37S.

But they don't do Honda's anti-understeer/cherry-picker parking trick.