PDA

View Full Version : Suspected faulty electrical Passenger seat

Jay NSX
13-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Hi guys, I'm from Malaysia. I have a problem with the passenger seat in my nsx, there seem to be some sound coming from underneath the seat, sounds like 2 loose wires sometimes touching and sometimes not. Ive checked the connections (sockets) and they seem fine. Anyone experienced this before? Tks guys

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi, Jay NSX. Welcome to NSXCB.

It is not clear whether you are getting the sound/noise when you have operated the seat switches or just randomly at any time even without touching the switches.

As you can imagine, there are lots and lots of things could be trapped under the seat.

From mechanical point of view, there is a joint rod (power slide cable) and inner/outer slide gears involved for the sliding mechanism. May be you have trapped something in there?

In any cases, if you are not sure, I would recommend taking the seat out of the cabin and inspect several cable fixings at the base of the seat. Sometimes, they were not secured and wires could be trapped and damaged.

Then, operate the sliding and reclining motors on the seat by applying 12V.

If you look at the Workshop manual, removal of the seat is fairly easy and it also shows the test procedure as well as the circuit diagram.
If you are careful enough, you don’t need to disconnect the seat belt anchor although you may struggle to take the seat out if you have never done it.

Kaz