PDA

View Full Version : Trusted garages in Hertfordshire

Tokyo-Joe
13-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey,

I have my mot coming up in January and am looking for a trusted garage that you guys could recommend to work on my car. I'd ideally like something as local as possible of course but will travel if a place has great reputation.

I am close to Kaz but because demand for his services is so great its not really feasible for this work.

Work to be done would be niggles with a clutch release bearing / sticking clutch fork, installing a used pop-up lamp motor, investigating the aftermarket stoptech parking brake issue, and checking over the rear end after a na2 header install.

I know there is a reputable Honda dealership in letchworth just down the road however their hourly rate sends me weak at the knees.

Thanks for reading,
Joe

NSXGB
13-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I was going to suggest Norton Way, I thought their rate was quite good and their reputation is probably the best for NSX work among the main dealers. Might be worth phoning Brian and discussing your needs, he may be able to sort you out a job price that suits your pocket.
Sounds like you will be spending a few ££ if you are possibly removing the gearbox etc.

Tokyo-Joe
14-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Cheers for the tip, the cost is actually really resonable! I am booked in with Brian in January, very pleased :)

kingsley
17-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi Tokyo-Joe Just interested in what the difference was between the hourly costs for both garages.

Kingsley

Tokyo-Joe
17-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Kingsley, I didn't get their hourly rate, just a job rate for each item and I was pleasantly surprised. It was only a tad more then an independent plus you get a courtesy car :) can't wait to take it there.

Tokyo-Joe
18-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey guys. I'm just writing this to update this thread and hopefully give other owners who need some work doing that Northon Way Honda are very capable, very efficient and very friendly :)

I just collected my car from a load of work including sorting this strange clutch issue, installing aftermarket parts and taking it through and MOT. The head technicion Brian was great and talked me through each point of my bill at length. I also had a service and health check and now have a really clear understanding of where to go next in keeping my NSX in rude health.

In summary; very impressed and wallet isn't too sore.

Thanks!

Hagasan
18-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I was in the there yesterday. Would yours be the black one I saw parked outside? Bryan said there was a red one in the workshop as well.... Nice helpful guy is Bryan.

Tokyo-Joe
18-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes indeed the black one would be mine :) I got a service sheet I didn't expect going into lots of detail i.e. the % wear on each inner and outer brake pad etc. Very cool.

matpp
18-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Glad to hear the great feedback re: Bryan at Norton Way. My car's booked in for mid Feb (once I receive my replacement passport)......new clutch, replacement pulley, steering inner track rods and track rod ends, full wheel alignment etc. Bryan was extremely helpful and his quote very reasonable.

Tokyo-Joe
18-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey Mathieu,

I have no doubts that you will be in good hands, rest assured. I was particually impressed he was happy to fit aftermarket parts - most dealers would run a mile from this. I've been thinking about ITB's and had nobody in mind to install them so hmm..

Joe

kingsley
19-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Mathieu,

I would very interested in the costs quoted. I have just had an MOT and service which was oil & filter, fuel filter, diff oil , brake fluid, air filter, new coolant and health check at Stewart Graham Honda Crewe. Richard Davies is very goodand extremly helpful. Would only trust him with my car. I may need to look at clutch and cam belt in the next couple of years. They are looking £1,700 for new clutch, £870 for cam belt change. Did you manage to get some touch up paint for your car. If not I will be going to Canada again this year and thats where I managed to get some. Are you going to Silverstone this year. Take care Kingsley

forumadmin
20-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Norton Way was my local dealer for my car(s). I know Bryan well, and he also knows this club too. He realises the potential of this club, and also what it would mean to get bad press. Of course sometimes things go wrong, and there will always be those who aren't satisfied. They do fit 3rd party parts, but only for NSXs.

Nick Graves
20-01-2012, 10:47 AM
...and S2000s ;)

Tokyo-Joe
20-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Nick Graves; I met two very friendly S2000 owners while I was collecting my car from the dealership, they were very enthusiastic about the NSX and mentioned that you had bought one! Small world.

matpp
08-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Mathieu,

I would very interested in the costs quoted. I have just had an MOT and service which was oil & filter, fuel filter, diff oil , brake fluid, air filter, new coolant and health check at Stewart Graham Honda Crewe. Richard Davies is very goodand extremly helpful. Would only trust him with my car. I may need to look at clutch and cam belt in the next couple of years. They are looking £1,700 for new clutch, £870 for cam belt change. Did you manage to get some touch up paint for your car. If not I will be going to Canada again this year and thats where I managed to get some. Are you going to Silverstone this year. Take care Kingsley

Hi Kingsley,

PM sent

nicjwin
27-03-2012, 09:38 PM
We have 3 Hondas NSX. 07 Legend , FRV. I signed up with Norton Way for 3 years service plan paid monthly . Good discount , my NSX has been going there for 12 years . Legend might be rarer than the NSX but is supposed to handle as well with the 4 WD system .

ZeeSpeed
28-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I was chatting to an MoT tester in Houghton Regis in Bedfordshire the other day. He an ex-NSX technician with 10 years experience at 2 honda dealerships. He said he'd be more than happy to work on mine when I get one. Seemed very knowledgeable and passionate.