PDA

View Full Version : Fancy going to the Geneva Motor Show, 8-18th March?

Ewan
12-01-2012, 10:02 PM
In response to the New NSX Thread (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9654-NSX-badge-tipped-to-reappear-at-Detroit-motor-show), I figured it would be worth capturing if anyone wanted to try to do a group trip to see the new car (and no doubt lots of others) in Geneva.

My proposed date:
Out & Back on Friday 16th March
British Airways LGW - GVA, out at 0725 and returning to LGW 1725 (short trip, though there are a couple of later and more expensive flights), currently showing at <£100 return.

Anyone else up for it?

Feel free to post other arrangements/dates to see if others want to go along at the same time...

E

NSX 2000
12-01-2012, 11:30 PM
My thinking was going on the 8th, but let me send an email back to my Honda contact and see if Honda would like to see us.

Paul.

NSX 2000
31-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Below is the response from my Honda contact

Let me know how manyNSXCB members might be visiting the Geneva show and which day(s) you plan to attend and our Corporate Affairs team will see what they can do to assist and make you welcome on the stand. Press Day may be tricky as we have a lot going on with our dealers on that day, but I'm sure we can help with tickets and access.

We'd love to knowwhat you think of the car too.

So who is still up for going?

Paul

havoc
31-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Looks like about £90-100 for flights on one of the weekends for me (out Sat, back Sun, or worse back Mon judging by some of the times in-and-out of BHX), so starting to add up. Weekday flights even more £££.

kingsley
31-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Would love to go But Just been checking flights with Easyjet and bmiBaby from East Midlands all are around £100 + return £48.99 out £67.99 Return. £45.99 - £61.99 £62.99 - £57.99 . Any body know how much the show admission is. Looks as if it could be £300.00 for the two of us. Kingsley

NSX 2000
31-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Any body know how much the show admission is.

16 CHF (swiss francs) about £12.

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/

NSXGB
31-01-2012, 07:58 PM
....will be interested depending which day is decided...
I have booked some shifts off in March so it could be done.

AR
31-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I am in and I am not that much into flying lol

NSXGB
31-01-2012, 09:40 PM
....on the Tuesday, I'm getting quotes of £54 return with Easyjet. Out @ 06:10, back at 17:40.

AR
31-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Anybody fancy doing more than one day?

Say fly in have a look see then meal then next day another look see and fly back???

Lets roll

Silver Surfer
31-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I have annual leave from work from the 12-24th march so count me in...more than happy to do an overnight job as never been to the Geneva Motorshow.

SS

NSX 2000
01-02-2012, 09:34 AM
How does this sound

For people who would like 2 days, fly out Sunday 11th March come back Monday 12th March. People who just want the day go Monday 12th March.

WhyOne?
01-02-2012, 10:27 AM
....will be interested depending which day is decided...
I have booked some shifts off in March so it could be done.

Is that out of LGW Simon?

Date suits, so I 'd be up for this.

WhyOne?
01-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Below is the response from my Honda contact

Let me know how manyNSXCB members might be visiting the Geneva show and which day(s) you plan to attend and our Corporate Affairs team will see what they can do to assist and make you welcome on the stand. Press Day may be tricky as we have a lot going on with our dealers on that day, but I'm sure we can help with tickets and access.

We'd love to knowwhat you think of the car too.

So who is still up for going?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Do you think that Honda would be able to accommodate a few people scattered over several days rather than a single larger group on one day?

ollie
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
How does this sound

For people who would like 2 days, fly out Sunday 11th March come back Monday 12th March. People who just want the day go Monday 12th March.

Hi Simon ,

i would be up for this

NSX 2000
01-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Paul,

Do you think that Honda would be able to accommodate a few people scattered over several days rather than a single larger group on one day?

I would of thought so.

Hi Simon ,

i would be up for this

Dear Fred, who is Simon?

WhyOne?
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Dear Fred, who is Simon?

Nigel, Simon is NSXGB..............

ollie
01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Nigel, Simon is NSXGB..............

Hi EVERYBODY , :redface:

It was not that Simon i was thinking of , i was in the middle of a work related Email to someone called Simon and taking a break , just proves the theory that men cant multitask , anyway i would be happy to do the overnight trip what ever your names are

WhyOne?
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Simon & I are now booked for a day trip on Tuesday 13th March.

Paul - what can we do to let Honda know of our plans & hopefully gain proper access to the new car?

I greatly appreciate with the work you have put into this on all our behalf's so far, but of you don't want to act as 'middle man' for the trip we have booked, I would be happy to pick things up from here if you prefer?

Ian
:)

Silver Surfer
01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I am interested in the Sun 11th-Mon 12th March trip if anybody is interested...unfortunately my Tues evening is blocked off so can't join Ian or Simon.

SS

NSX 2000
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
OK then, we have Whyone? and NSXGB going on Tueday 13th March.

Ollie, Siver Surfer and NSX 2000, flying out Sunday 11th and back on Monday 12th March.

I'm looking to get this sorted by end of play today, so anybody else want to join us? You can send me a PM if you don't want the WWW to find out.

The motor show are doing a hotel and ticket package which seems good value.

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/pratiques/logement/tourism-accommodation-0-25326

Paul

Dragonlady
02-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Trying to talk the boss into this, sounds like a good trip.

Ian

Silver Surfer
02-02-2012, 09:31 PM
OK then, we have Whyone? and NSXGB going on Tueday 13th March.

Ollie, Siver Surfer and NSX 2000, flying out Sunday 11th and back on Monday 12th March.

I'm looking to get this sorted by end of play today, so anybody else want to join us? You can send me a PM if you don't want the WWW to find out.

The motor show are doing a hotel and ticket package which seems good value.

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/pratiques/logement/tourism-accommodation-0-25326

Paul

So that is £87 for the accomodation and ticket pass to the show??1 day only.

Just need to work out the cost of flights for the 2 days.

SS

Silver Surfer
02-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Cheapest according to Pauls' website is £110 for the acomodation and motorshow pass for staying over on the Sun night 11th March.

Hotels:
Hotel Strasbourg
Hotel Montana
Hotel Astoria
Hotel Des Alpes
Hotel Mon-Repos
Hotel Eden
Hotel Suisse SA
Design Hotel F6
Hotel des Horlogers

guys....which one to go for?

SS

AR
02-02-2012, 11:36 PM
OK seen the dates up there now to try to fit them in my schedule.

Dragonlady
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Cheapest according to Pauls' website is £110 for the acomodation and motorshow pass for staying over on the Sun night 11th March.

Hotels:
Hotel Strasbourg
Hotel Montana
Hotel Astoria
Hotel Des Alpes
Hotel Mon-Repos
Hotel Eden
Hotel Suisse SA
Design Hotel F6
Hotel des Horlogers

guys....which one to go for?

SS

Just been looking at the hotels. hotel Strasbourg isn't available on the 11th and hotel des Horlogers seems a distance from the lake. The rest all seem to be in the same area around the Railway station close to the lake shore, and all have single and double rooms.
I suppose people have looked at their flights, what time are people getting in and do we meet for lunch, at hotel......?

Ian

Dragonlady
04-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Flights are getting booked up fast so we are booking our flight today as there are only three seats left!
As for hotel I think this would be the same, so on that note as we have never been to Geneva before, We are booking into Hotel Astoria as there seems to be more rooms and from the pictures on the net it looks comfortable.

Regards Ian

Dragonlady
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
All booked!

Silver Surfer
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm going to book now...what time are people planning to get there?

SS

ollie
04-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Paul and myself have now booked for the Sunday night , staying at The Astoria , plan being to get a half day ticket on the Sunday then something to eat and return to the show on the Monday .
We are flying with BA depart Sunday Gatwick 11.25am return Monday Geneva 16.55pm

I believe Ian and Sharon have also booked

Flights are getiing booked up ( and more expensive ) so if you are coming get it done ASAP

Silver Surfer
04-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Booked flights:

London (LTN) to Geneva (GVA)
11/03/12
08:00 - 10:45
easyJet 2053

Geneva (GVA) to London (LTN)

£110 including card payment surcharge of £13!!!!!!!!!!!! W@nker$

SS
12/03/12
16:25 - 17:05
easyJet 2058

Dragonlady
04-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm going to book now...what time are people planning to get there?

SS

We are due to arrive at 9.45am on the sunday, and depart 20.35 on the Monday - thought we would have a look around the place Sunday morning before meeting up with Paul and Ollie. What time does your flight land?

Dragonlady
04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Booked flights:

London (LTN) to Geneva (GVA)

11/03/12

08:00 - 10:45

easyJet 2053

Geneva (GVA) to London (LTN)

£110 including card payment surcharge of £13!!!!!!!!!!!! W@nker$

SS

12/03/12

16:25 - 17:05

easyJet 2058

£13 surcharge!!!!!!!! Thats cheap ours was £30 with BMI - but I agree with your comment W......s

Sharon

Silver Surfer
04-02-2012, 01:37 PM
No more place in Hotel Astoria!....

I have booked into Design Hotel f6 for the Sun 11th March night.

SS

NSX 2000
04-02-2012, 02:11 PM
With any luck we can find a nice resturant for Sunday night :)

Can any body else who is coming / going please let me know so I can let Honda know on Monday how many of us are turning up.

Only 4 weeks to go.

Hagasan
04-02-2012, 03:08 PM
...just a quick note for those that haven't been before. You virtually fall out of the airport into the Palpexo so if your hotels are in the city centre then you will need to jump on a train to them and then back again if you want to dump luggage?

My point being, if you just have a little rucksack and plan to see the show both days, it's probably better to just go direct to the show then get the train to your centre hotel in the evening.... there are loads of restaurant and shopping areas in the centre....

Enjoy the show.... it puts the old NEC and Earls Court to shame! On entry prices, quality and ease of access....oh at the captive audience parking fee rip-off too.... You should also consider the Frankfurt ones too...

Gary

Ewan
06-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I reckon I'll not be able to make it now; never mind, I'm sure I'll hear all about it from those who do go ;-)

cheers
Ewan

simonprelude
08-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Will look into this tomorrow. AR you still up for this? Can you fly from Bristol or Cardiff?

NSX 2000
10-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Will look into this tomorrow. AR you still up for this? Can you fly from Bristol or Cardiff?

Simon, Ary, do you know if you will joining us?

WhyOne?
10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi Paul, any news from Honda concerning what they can / can't do for us?

NSX 2000
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Paul, any news from Honda concerning what they can / can't do for us?

No not yet Ian, as I have not confirmed numbers, hence my post for Simon and Ary.

Paul.

simonprelude
15-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Just carry on without me, I might make an appearance but won't know until a couple of days before.

Senninha
02-03-2012, 11:14 PM
This should give you guys something to quiz the Honda team about

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1540694#post1540694

Have a great trip

robho
03-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Everyone: if you have a little spare time in the area, there is an excellent classic car museum in the Palexpo building (opposite the motor show halls, and a few minutes walk from the airport) - in case you might like to take it in. If interested, be aware it closed for refurbishment awhile back...so please check it is indeed open:

International Automobile Museum
Hours: 10:00 – 18:00. Closed Mondays.
Web/email: www.museeautomobilegeneve.ch
Admission: SFr.12 for adults. SFr.6 for children under 16.
With over 400 vehicles on display, the International Automobile Museum is a must for car buffs. The museum houses an eclectic mix of mostly German, French and Italian automobiles ranging from prototypes to race cars to antique classic cars and motorcycles. Also included are separate exhibits for rare engines, wheels, drawings and even a section on “Weapons and Cars.” The museum is the site of the largest annual car show in Europe sponsored each March.

NSX 2000
05-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Received this email from my Honda contact

"Hi Paul - xXx is heading to Geneva on Monday and will be discussing arrangements for the show with his opposite number in Switzerland. xXx will be in touch when he returns, and hopes that our colleagues in Geneva will be able to provide a little Swiss hospitality during the NSXCB members' visit to the show."

So I shoud know more by the end of the week.

Paul

AR
05-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Simon, Ary, do you know if you will joining us?
Sorry mate I am all over the place at the moment with preparations for the season, so I'll have to pass. Hope you have a great time.

WhyOne?
05-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Received this email from my Honda contact

"Hi Paul - xXx is heading to Geneva on Monday and will be discussing arrangements for the show with his opposite number in Switzerland. xXx will be in touch when he returns, and hopes that our colleagues in Geneva will be able to provide a little Swiss hospitality during the NSXCB members' visit to the show."

So I shoud know more by the end of the week.

Paul

Good stuff Paul.

Many thanks for keeping tabs on this. Greatly looking forward to the visit next week.

Ian

Clambake
06-03-2012, 11:45 AM
This is well worth seeing. ;)

My favourite car today.

nobby
06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
i take it you cant get up close to it?

nice to see in real life im sure :)

Senninha
06-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Honda Motor Europe President, Manabu Nishimae delivers Geneva Press Conference Speech

March 6, 2012

New Civic with 1.6-liter i-DTEC diesel engine will deliver CO2 emissions of 95 g/km*
NSX will be sold in Europe as a Honda
New European CR-V prototype makes debut
UK factory to double 2012 production volumes to 180,000
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/image/01.jpghttp://www.nsxcb.co.uk/image/icon_zoom.gif (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/photo/pages/01.html) NSX Concept (Honda model)
Good morning, and welcome to Honda’s media conference. I am very pleased to be here with you today.
Last year proved to be a very challenging year due to the natural disasters in Japan and in Thailand that impacted on our supply of new vehicles. Our ability to deliver cars to the customers who wanted them was restricted. Our Thai plant resumes full production within a month and all other production activity is fully restored. Whilst we must learn from recent history, we now look forward to what is an exciting future.

This is an important show for Honda. We are displaying products and technologies that will be at the heart of our growth plans for Europe. We are now entering a period of numerous product launches which will see Honda increase production volumes and increase sales.
In 2012, our UK factory will double production volumes to 180,000 units. In May, the New Civic assembly line will start a double shift and 500 new workers will join us.
Later in the year we start production of the New European CR-V. The all New CR-V will be built in Europe and will be introduced in the Autumn with improved quality, performance, and enhanced fuel economy, along with new features unique for the European market. Today, we are showing a European CR-V prototype. We will display the production model at the Paris show in September.

Honda will also renew our entire European engine line-up, with a new engine series called Earth Dreams Technology. With these engines we aim to be Number 1 in fuel economy in each sector within 3 years. The first engine from this series will be a new 1.6 liter diesel engine. Designed for Europe, it is expected to deliver 95 grammes per kilometre CO2 emissions and is the world’s lightest engine in its class. It will be introduced on the New Civic and production starts at our UK factory at the end of this year.

Earth Dreams Technology engines will also deliver excellent performance characteristics. And at the summit of this range…. There is the new NSX.
This NSX Concept is powered by a mid-engine V6 … and a new Sport Hybrid All-Wheel Drive system that comprises of 1 motor on the rear axle and 2 on the front. Supercar acceleration and outstanding efficiency will be the hallmarks of this revolutionary powertrain. The two motors in the front axle enable independent control of the left and right wheels to realize a ground-breaking “On-the-rail-cornering” experience. New NSX is set to define a new standard of Super Sport.
The US will launch new NSX with the Acura brand in 3 years. I can confirm the NSX will come to Europe….as a Honda.
NSX is the ultimate top-line Sports model, could we develop a smaller one? The EV-STER is another European premiere. This small sports EV Concept (see post #54 for photo)indicates the direction of how environmental technology can be incorporated with the pure joy of driving.

Our sporty plans are not limited to new models. A half century ago, Honda established the Suzuka circuit in Japan. It was the first racing track in Asia.
In October, at the Suzuka round, we plan to enter a European Civic into the FIA World Touring Car Championship. This celebrates the 50th anniversary of Suzuka Circuit. It also marks the 40th anniversary of Civic.
This racing Civic will be powered by Honda’s new 1.6 direct injection turbo racing engine solely developed by Honda R&D. This is an important first step as we enhance the sportiness of Civic and the Honda brand.
Through Earth Dreams Technology, Honda will continue to minimise our environmental footprint so that we will all be able to enjoy sports driving for future generations and preserve Blue Skies for Our Children.
Thank you for your attention.

Clambake
06-03-2012, 12:56 PM
i take it you cant get up close to it?

nice to see in real life im sure :)

It's really cleanly proportioned and detailed. Stunning car. You can get up to it, but not in it. There were a bunch of people taking pics and video, this being press day, so I didn't start clambering over it. I'd have been lynched! Great to hear of firm production plans too.

NoelWatson
06-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Our ability to deliver cars to the customers who wanted them was restricted.

This sentence could be interpreted in more than one way

nobby
06-03-2012, 06:03 PM
that is true!

This sentence could be interpreted in more than one way

Senninha
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
The EV concept referred to above ... looks to me like a modern Beat and not big enough to be an S2k replacement ...

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/honda/ev-ster/ns/honda_ev-ster_f34_ns_113011_717.jpg

markc
06-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Guys, remember to ask Mr Nishimae if we can borrow it (the NSX) for Silverstone :)

Have fun out there.

Cheers

Mark

NSX 2000
11-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Ian, Simon

With regards to Geneva the Honda stand are expecting you. Say your are from NSXCB and they should have your name down. But I only gave them your first names (Ian & Simon) as I don't know your surnames.

Paul

NSXGB
11-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks Paul.

WhyOne?
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes, many thanks Paul.

Not long now!

Silver Surfer
12-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Just got back from the show....good selection of cars and electricity seems to be the future!!

Honda 'hospitality' were non-existence...there was no 'Honda' people there...all were just pretty ladies with ipads with a few rude blokes who know nothing.

As Gary has mentioned...5mins walk from airport to the PalExpo centre where the exhibition was and 2 swiss francs for leaving the bags/coat there...really warm due to millions of lights beaming down on the metal....pearlescent white is the in-colour. ;).

Pics later

SS

NSX 2000
13-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Honda 'hospitality' were non-existence...there was no 'Honda' people there...all were just pretty ladies with ipads with a few rude blokes who know nothing.

SS

You left to early, after you left I had a quick chat and got us up into the Honda hospitality lounge where it was nice and cold and free drinks, plus they offered to look after our bags, but by then it was to late :doh:

WhyOne?
13-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Just got in from an interesting (if exhausting) day trip to the show with Simon. We were allowed access to the Honda hospitality area, though they had no idea who we were at the reception desk! We were also given the 'press pack' for the show.

Senninha
14-03-2012, 10:48 AM
So we have feedback on venue, differing views on hospitality, but not a single word or photo about the NSX Concept ... is it really that bad in the metal guys n girls??

NSXGB
14-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks Ian for being tenacious and getting us some hospitality and a press pack in the end.

Will upload some stuff when I get a chance.

WhyOne?
14-03-2012, 11:15 AM
... is it really that bad in the metal guys n girls??

Nope.

;)

Dragonlady
14-03-2012, 05:40 PM
It's not bad.

kingsley
14-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi Dragonlady,

I would be very interested in knowing your thoughts on the new NSX and how the show was. I was trying to go but workload prevented my trip.

Kingsley

Senninha
14-03-2012, 06:13 PM
It's not bad.

Always the comedian ... and pretty quick for a Silver NSX owner ...

Hagasan
14-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Always the comedian ... and pretty quick for a Silver NSX owner ...

...yes but there are two brains at work on this one :D

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:26 PM

ss

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:32 PM

ss

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Bmw

ss

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Lexus

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Renault

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Lambo

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Koenigsegg

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Infiniti

Not going to be made ...shame.

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 07:01 PM
More Lambo

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Lotus Evora GTE

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Subaru...same size inside as a TT coupe and a concept with wooden floors like your hallway!!

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Toyobaru and a Vredstein concept car

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Pagani

SS

Silver Surfer
14-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Micellaneous

SS

m666 edd
15-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Pagani

SS

Which end is the front?

Is the white car after the nsx pics the new Honda Beat?

WhyOne?
15-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I think the Agera R was my favourite car of the show.

Fantastic looks, and I feel 1150bhp would be adequate most of the time.

Problem Child
15-03-2012, 07:54 PM
It would be faster in red!

Silver Surfer
15-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Which end is the front?

Is the white car after the nsx pics the new Honda Beat?

Yes...The EV version

SS

Senninha
28-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Some really good impression here from N-Spec over on Prime

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1552234#post1552234

Particularly like this side by side view of old and new NSX models ....

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=4ccac918d6da871072c073fb2c39bf27&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nsxprime.com%2Fforum%2Fshowth read.php%3Fp%3D1552234%23post1552234&v=1&libid=1332956598993&out=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv4 97%2FRanryul%2FN2X%2FRoad0061.jpg&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nsxprime.com%2Fforum%2F&title=NSX%202.0%20Design%20Study%20and%20Compariso n%20with%20First%20Gen%20and%20EmergE%20-%20PIC%20HEAVY%20-%20NSX%20Prime&txt=&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13329576717851

regards,

TheSebringOne
28-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Good find Paul, I can't believe how much wider the front looks compared to the gen 1.

It will also mean getting through gaps will tighter, but the wind screen is also wider,
aiding better visibility.

m666 edd
29-03-2012, 07:20 AM
It will also mean getting through gaps will tighter, but the wind screen is also wider,
aiding better visibility.

I bet there will be less visibility due to the pillar size though.

Senninha
25-04-2012, 04:32 PM
It would be faster in red!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6h_DZCrWLAA

No, its definately rotating slower, LoL ;)