PDA

View Full Version : Visiting the Uk on holiday

whrdnsx
18-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello
I'm going to be visiting the UK on Holiday in May.

Just wondering if there are any wrecking/breaking yards with NSX's?

I'll be looking for some manual parts.

Thanks in anticipation.

NSXGB
18-01-2012, 12:49 PM
They are few and far between and the ones I've dealt with want big money for spares.
Dirk (NSX PARTS) may be able to sort you out, he's from Germany but ventures this way a few times a year. Or could mail it to you at your hotel. He has some RHD parts too.

Hagasan
18-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Perhaps worth a small list of what you may be looking for? Gives time if anyone hears, sees or knows of anything available.....

Richard B Jones
19-01-2012, 12:17 AM
I know that R-Motion, who advertise NSX parts on Ebay, are preparing an NSX for circuit racing and I am seeing the owner of the business on Friday of this week. He is going to do some work on my NA2 NSX. He is using a Category C (I think) write off of a 1999 NA2 as the base for his race car and has stripped the car completely. If our friend from Oz could let me know which parts he needs, I would be pleased to pass it on to Mike Clark of R-Motion.

Senninha
19-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome Richard,

Would it be right to guess that your NA2 is a rare pop-up?

regards, Paul

I know that R-Motion, who advertise NSX parts on Ebay, are preparing an NSX for circuit racing and I am seeing the owner of the business on Friday of this week. He is going to do some work on my NA2 NSX. He is using a Category C (I think) write off of a 1999 NA2 as the base for his race car and has stripped the car completely. If our friend from Oz could let me know which parts he needs, I would be pleased to pass it on to Mike Clark of R-Motion.

Hagasan
19-01-2012, 10:18 AM
At the very least you could always visit Japfest and see a good few dozen NSX's together...

whrdnsx
19-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm mainly looking for ;

Gear lever assembly parts
Clutch pedal assembly parts
Used Carbon Fibre parts
Engine parts

I'll be spending most of my time in Wales (Girlfriend has family there) but will be traveling about.
Thanks for looking

Richard B Jones
19-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Welcome Richard,

Would it be right to guess that your NA2 is a rare pop-up?

regards, Paul

Hi Paul Thanks for the welcome - your guess is spot on. Last year I bought the 1998 NA 2 that Lankstarr used to own. I had my first drive in the NSX owned by Club GT in London (www.clubgt.co.uk) a couple of years ago and was, of course, hooked. I am probably the oldest member being in my mid 60's, still working part time and still enjoy driving very much. I have come across Ken Green who has an NA1 and lives in Caerphilly but we have yet to meet up. I have corresponded too with Ary but I am not aware of any other NSX's in South Wales. I live near Abergavenny in lovely countryside with some really good driving roads nearby. The NSX is garaged and only used when conditions are good. Regards Richard

Richard B Jones
19-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm mainly looking for ;

Gear lever assembly parts
Clutch pedal assembly parts
Used Carbon Fibre parts
Engine parts

I'll be spending most of my time in Wales (Girlfriend has family there) but will be traveling about.
Thanks for looking

Hi there. Are these parts for an NA 1 or an NA2 ? And I live in South Wales, which is where R-Motion is based. How can i help ? Richard

Senninha
20-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi Paul Thanks for the welcome - your guess is spot on. Last year I bought the 1998 NA 2 that Lankstarr used to own........ I am probably the oldest member being in my mid 60's ....... I am not aware of any other NSX's in South Wales. I live near Abergavenny in lovely countryside with some really good driving roads nearby. The NSX is garaged and only used when conditions are good. Regards Richard

HI Richard,

I know your car very well having provided it with some TLC a couple of years ago ...
We have a strong membership of mature owners who would to meet up .... the annual Japfest may not be your cup of tea, but is local(ish) at Castle Coombe. Usually more than 40 members in attendance on the day.
We have also managed to grow interest year on year for the Silverstone Classic.
With regards to meeting others in your part of the country, I would suggest contacting James (Papalazarou) who organises regular meets for the South West / Wales and is always keen to find new routes

regards, Paul

Richard B Jones
20-01-2012, 11:54 PM
HI Richard,

I know your car very well having provided it with some TLC a couple of years ago ...
We have a strong membership of mature owners who would to meet up .... the annual Japfest may not be your cup of tea, but is local(ish) at Castle Coombe. Usually more than 40 members in attendance on the day.
We have also managed to grow interest year on year for the Silverstone Classic.
With regards to meeting others in your part of the country, I would suggest contacting James (Papalazarou) who organises regular meets for the South West / Wales and is always keen to find new routes

regards, Paul

Hi Paul. Last year, I drove over to Castle Combe to meet the convoy as it arrived at the circuit for Japfest but could not stay for the day. This year I am hoping to put that right. I will contact Papalazarou about meets in Wales but I know that there has been some previous chat about the fact that most of the local owners are t'other side of Bridge and it is a "bridge too far" for most ?

North Wales of course (evo triangle etc) is also a great area still for driving.

I hope we might meet at Japfest ??

Best regards Richard