PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth phone kit

Problem Child
26-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Any advise on what bluetooth kit works best with the std 1998 NSX radio/ hifi

Also any advise on how to wire in an IPod?

Will I be able to hear either above the beautiful engine noise???

NSXGB
26-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Any advise on what bluetooth kit works best with the std 1998 NSX radio/ hifi

Also any advise on how to wire in an IPod?

Will I be able to hear either above the beautiful engine noise???

A quick search of Kaz's blog will get you info on the iPod install. I'm not aware of a Bluetooth kit that works with the OEM radio.

Problem Child
27-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Parrot MKi9200 gives handsfree and also streams music from your phone or Iplod

Metabro
01-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Does someone know which Adapter harness is necessary to install a parrot mki?

Senninha
01-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Geoff,

Best I've seen is the set up you saw in Ollies Silver 02 at the breakfast meet ....

Unless you buy a new head unit with it in I believe thats the best way to go hands free .... or you could use the reliable old ear piece

regards, Paul

Problem Child
01-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Ollies setup is the MKi9100 (I think). It is the narrow (top to bottom) Parrot and fits nicely in the ashtray compartment and I think looks great but it depends what you want.

I went for the MKi9200 and get bluetooth connectivity, music streaming, voice recognition (which is very intuitive) and a colour screen (I have designed an NSX wallpaper for it). There is an SOT lead for the NSX (in fact I think there are two dependent upon the head unit you have) but even with that it took the Halfords guys 4 attempts to get it right. Cant say which SOT is right for you as I dont know what head unit/ amp you have

With regards to the music streaming the navigation is good and the sound quality pretty good too.

Metabro
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Where to buy the SOT lead?
I got an 92' NSX

Problem Child
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
ANy Parrot stockist although I used Halfords simply because if there was a problem they would still be there to go back to

Metabro
08-06-2012, 11:48 PM
I think I found an alternative to parrot without buying expensive leads

take a look here:
http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapters/honda_acura_98-04_usb_ipod_adapter_direct_digital_interface.html

Metabro
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
already installed the grom bluetooth dongle, works fine with iphone 4s, very nice solution for all who want handsfree and mp3 in the nsx

Legacyman
02-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Is there a Mobridge system available?
i am sure the one in my Cayenne is adaptable and is a hidden system.

Problem Child
02-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Ollies setup is the MKi9100 (I think). It is the narrow (top to bottom) Parrot and fits nicely in the ashtray compartment and I think looks great but it depends what you want.

I went for the MKi9200 and get bluetooth connectivity, music streaming, voice recognition (which is very intuitive) and a colour screen (I have designed an NSX wallpaper for it). There is an SOT lead for the NSX (in fact I think there are two dependent upon the head unit you have) but even with that it took the Halfords guys 4 attempts to get it right. Cant say which SOT is right for you as I dont know what head unit/ amp you have

With regards to the music streaming the navigation is good and the sound quality pretty good too.

Finally given up with the Parrot 9200, as there was always background noise/ interference whether on the phone or listening to the MP3. Also with the bee sting aerial I was missing my Talksport, so decided to go for the new double din unit. Plumped for the Kenwood DNX 4210 DAB unit and getting it fitted by Sound Evo in Watford. Having spoken to them for a few weeks they seem to know what they are talking about.

Stage 1 of the process was today, stripping out the Parrot etc, and measuring behind the centre console to decide how best to secure the head unit and cut the replacement centre console I bought from Dirk, so we get a nice flush finish like scotts recent fitting.

Stage 2 is next Saturday when we fit the unit. One question....the centre console I got from Dirk is black, whereas my original is grey. ANyone know the colour reference for the grey so I get the correct colour as the new centre consle will need to be painted

Will post some pictures next week

Senninha
02-03-2013, 06:52 PM
HI Geoff,

I suspect it may be easier to paint both new and old consoles, air vent surround as well as the door switch panels in a colour of your choosing than to try and match the OEM which is likely to have faded over time. This way should you ever part with the NSX you can revert to OEM stereo and everything will match.

Hope they make a nice job of it for you ...

regards, Paul

scottg
02-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Geoff,
some paint suppliers can scan an item f it is lat enough and match paint so it may be worth trying to have a scan reference of the ash tray lid done to see if they can mix a suitable colour if you don't want to paint the other trim. Can't wait to see some photos of the finished job.

Problem Child
16-03-2013, 05:06 PM
HI Geoff,

I suspect it may be easier to paint both new and old consoles, air vent surround as well as the door switch panels in a colour of your choosing than to try and match the OEM which is likely to have faded over time. This way should you ever part with the NSX you can revert to OEM stereo and everything will match.

Hope they make a nice job of it for you ...

regards, Paul

Head unit in, but not quite satisfied with it as its not flush or square. They painted the centre console gloss black too so I want it changed. As for the head unit its great. It has a nice feature where you can match its background lighting on its buttons and screen to the colour or the rest of the console lighting on the aircon and clock. Lost the use of the ashtray but not too bothered about that as anyone who dared to smoke in my NSX would die a oainful death. DAB is great and get talkSPORT now. FM reception is good, and the mobile phone is good. The Satnav is Garmin so pretty good too

nobby
16-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Your head unit looks well and features look decent for sure. don't see too much wrong with overall fit and finish. I lost my ashtray etc too with my install but as you say would never be used anyway.

Never been a fan of kenwood units ... Always felt they sounded to bass heavy imho; pioneer and clarion provide a more natural balanced sound to my ears. But a nice unit nonetheless.

glad to see some decent music in your playlist I.e. hard rock (classic). Good man! :)

scottg
16-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Head unit in, but not quite satisfied with it as its not flush or square. They painted the centre console gloss black too so I want it changed. As for the head unit its great. It has a nice feature where you can match its background lighting on its buttons and screen to the colour or the rest of the console lighting on the aircon and clock. Lost the use of the ashtray but not too bothered about that as anyone who dared to smoke in my NSX would die a oainful death. DAB is great and get talkSPORT now. FM reception is good, and the mobile phone is good. The Satnav is Garmin so pretty good too

A satin finish would a probably look better Geoff but the display looks great and nice to have sat nav

Senninha
16-03-2013, 08:08 PM
The unit looks good and with its recent awards the industry is rightly promoting this one.

Interesting to see the gloss black ... it may have worked better if it was wet sanded and polished a few times to give it the Piano Black finish of other high end models.

I've seen several similar type installs and for me they all look what they are ... aftermarket. There has to be a way to adopt another OEM Honda (or other brand) system and install to give an OEM look ...

This is not against what you've done Geoff, just a personal thing and a dislike for a large reflective screen angled nicely to provide distraction on sunny days ...

regards, Paul

NSXGB
16-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Geoff, I found that the Halfrauds satin black is a pretty good match to the OE finish, not 100% but pretty darn close.

Problem Child
18-03-2013, 02:35 PM
The unit looks good and with its recent awards the industry is rightly promoting this one.

Interesting to see the gloss black ... it may have worked better if it was wet sanded and polished a few times to give it the Piano Black finish of other high end models.

I've seen several similar type installs and for me they all look what they are ... aftermarket. There has to be a way to adopt another OEM Honda (or other brand) system and install to give an OEM look ...

This is not against what you've done Geoff, just a personal thing and a dislike for a large reflective screen angled nicely to provide distraction on sunny days ...

regards, Paul

Other than a few blemishes the paintwork (or most of it) is a piano black type finish and actually looks pretty good, but just too dark and glossy as the aircon unit and the frame of the head unit are more grey. I will get some Halfrauds Satin Black and try that instead.

As for a Honda unit, I looked into that but it looked like a big job, and anyway I wanted DAB/ Hands free/ iPod/ SatNav etc.....as well as getting rid of the ancient cassette unit! I have kept all the original parts in case I want to change it back to standard spec

Sudesh
18-03-2013, 05:32 PM
That's look good!

But as you say, the piano black is a bit to glossy looking. I'd also go with what Paul mentioned and do the vent surround too.

NSXGB
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Anyone else thinking of a Double Din install? Found this unit, looks pretty good. Android \ iPhone compatible with all your apps, handsfree, etc. Nice symmetrical front & 7" screen. Amazon are selling for the same price.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_87 5559_langId_-1_categoryId_265857

Might even change my unit for one to get rid of the dated CD\DVD player!

Problem Child
07-04-2013, 03:46 PM
That's look good!

But as you say, the piano black is a bit to glossy looking. I'd also go with what Paul mentioned and do the vent surround too.

Well got my car back from SOund Evo yesterday. I had sent it back to them to sort out:

1) Alignment
2) Flush fitting
3) Background noise

The fitment is a lot better 1) and 2) but they have been unable to resolve the background noise (underlying hissing noise) saying that its to do with the independently amplified speakers on the NSX. Its not bad but I know that it will annoy me soon. Any suggestions?

Here's what the new fit looks like....