PDA

View Full Version : Evo magazine article

TheSebringOne
30-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Just received my Evo mag, interesting articles about how bold Honda are with the new NSX and
a guide to buying one the mark 1. The G reg Senna auto has been featured, but the main conclusion
is rarity is pushing prices up! :)

havoc
30-01-2012, 09:59 PM
I read that as suggesting that owners are demanding more, albeit written in a nice way.

...but at the end of the day, if you are offering a limited commodity for sale, you need only sell it at a price you're happy with. As said before on here, too many owners have been happy to shift the cars for the first half-decent offer, which has kept prices surprisingly low vs other machines of similar provenance (which may, coincidentally, have a German, Italian or British badge on the bonnet).

Shame they ended up with the old Auto, but at that price point it's probably representative. Plus I showed it to Becs and she made a comment about 'would you really want to have let some strangers drive your car in the middle of January???' - I guess a combination of rarity and self-preservation, combined with them wanting to run it on a Friday.

BTW, I'm not sure Honda HAVE been that bold with the new NSX - styling is good, but it's 'du jour', rather than revolutionary (but then the LF-A is a marmite machine, as is the GT-R), powertrain is the way everyone is going now - they won't be the first hybrid supercar launched (Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren and Jaguar all stand a chance of getting in first, and 3 of the 4 had already announced hybrid plans), nor are they likely to be the first under £100k, if Porsche get their act together with the hybrid 911 I've heard talk about. The drivetrain application IS interesting, and if controlled well could turn the car into the supercar equivalent of the Evo VI / VII / VIII etc...hyper-agile yet still sure-footed.

Hondaboy
30-01-2012, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=havoc;90208]

Shame they ended up with the old Auto, but at that price point it's probably representative.

Hey don't slate the "old auto" it's a fine car:):)

Besides all that gear changings over rated I mean how can you drink a coffee and smoke a fag while negotiating a roundabout:D:D

Silver Surfer
30-01-2012, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=havoc;90208]

Besides all that gear changings over rated I mean how can you drink a coffee and smoke a fag while negotiating a roundabout:D:D

By keeping the car in 2nd gear...good for up to 10 to near 80mph ...without spilling the coffee.;):cool:

SS

Senninha
30-01-2012, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=Hondaboy;90211]

By keeping the car in 2nd gear...good for up to 10 to near 80mph ...without spilling the coffee.;):cool:

SS

I'm liking this option ... but would be nice to 'select' auto for the drive home after a morning's hooning :D:cool: