PDA

View Full Version : More NSX discussion on PH

nobby
08-02-2012, 11:07 AM
http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=25146

smallish article but flying the flag as they say :)

HOWEVER, the 'forums' continue to be full of keyboard warriors and others talking pure sh1t purely based on assumptions and reading between the lines of others, without EVER owning or driving the car ... so prep urself before starting to read :rolleyes:

Usual garbage is the NSX's perceived lack of BHP, its inabllity to keep up with lesser marques (M3 eg when we all know it can) etc.

They SIMPLY dont know that as a driver's car ... the NSX is a fantastic package regardless of power output. I guess we can thank MR Clarkson for the continued use of 'more power' here but forget about PTWR etc etc

few members on here trying to get the point across, but largely falling on deaf ears from waht i can see

Geraint
08-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Hmm that seems to be a bit better than the usual low-brow PH discussion.

But the badge snobbery, 'top trumps' mentality, and irrational desire for something more scary, remain as enduring themes.

Educating people like that via the internet is always going to be an uphill struggle.

candyman
14-02-2012, 05:16 PM
No point in trying to explain to some people the difference between quality and quantity. It reminds me of the two inane youths from 'The league of gentlemen' in a video store rating films by 'how many killings'. I was driving through Bootle in liverpool this grey morning and saw one of our member's pristine imola nsx. It was as if all of the other cars were in black and white. I'm sure the sight of it brightened people's day, unless they were in something more commonplace like a 911 or Aston.

Nick Graves
14-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Pistonheads is usually worth a read, just for the usual-suspect nobbers who usually get into a Beavis & Butthead-style keyboard spat over dubious FACTs.

WhyOne?
15-02-2012, 08:30 AM
HOWEVER, the 'forums' continue to be full of keyboard warriors and others talking pure sh1t purely based on assumptions and reading between the lines of others, without EVER owning or driving the car ... so prep urself before starting to read :rolleyes:

Usual garbage is the NSX's perceived lack of BHP, its inabllity to keep up with lesser marques (M3 eg when we all know it can) etc.

They SIMPLY dont know that as a driver's car ... the NSX is a fantastic package regardless of power output. I guess we can thank MR Clarkson for the continued use of 'more power' here but forget about PTWR etc etc

few members on here trying to get the point across, but largely falling on deaf ears from waht i can see

I had a read, expecting the worst after the warning above, however I was pleasantly surprised - I thought the vast majority of posters were overwhelmingly positive in their perceptions of the original NSX. Opinions of the new car are more mixed, but I think that is also the case amongst owners here.

NSX 2000
15-02-2012, 09:09 AM
No point in trying to explain to some people the difference between quality and quantity. It reminds me of the two inane youths from 'The league of gentlemen' in a video store rating films by 'how many killings'. I was driving through Bootle in liverpool this grey morning and saw one of our member's pristine imola nsx. It was as if all of the other cars were in black and white. I'm sure the sight of it brightened people's day, unless they were in something more commonplace like a 911 or Aston.

Pistonheads is usually worth a read, just for the usual-suspect nobbers who usually get into a Beavis & Butthead-style keyboard spat over dubious FACTs.

Funny you should say this, as on the Audi TT forum they are saying the same thing about Pistonhead posters with regards to the new TT RS Plus which will be at the Geneva motor show.