View Full Version : Prospeed RDX injectors and ECU ROM tune kit

Silver Surfer
22-02-2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157469

Anybody keen to give this a try?

SS

m666 edd
22-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Only going by previous comments wasn't the last prospeed venture less than impressive?

Like most mods though you normally need a range of mods working together to make anything worthwhile.

Hagasan
22-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Only going by previous comments wasn't the last prospeed venture less than impressive?

Like most mods though you normally need a range of mods working together to make anything worthwhile.

...well it might pay to order early expecting the inevitable wait!

They use a lower octane fuel as standard over there so not sure how they could tune for our ~95RON without a dyno run..... Sounds like an easy mod if all works as suggested in the long term....

NSXGB
23-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Group buy from Prospeed....aarrrgggggggggghhhh!

Not totally convinced. In my mind I think that nearly all the gains are from the tuned ECU. Did they dyno before and after with just the injector upgrade? My car was dyno'd with just H & E mods and I was told it was fuelling spot on. If our 240cc injectors really are outdated technology and there were significant gains to be made by having a better spray pattern for instance, why not fit an up to date 240cc injector without the reprogramming?

m666 edd
23-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I thought the standard injectors are fine up to 400bhp or more

bbvnsx
29-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Sorry to bring this back to life, but the claimed power gains could justify looking into this one more time...

Do you know if anyone tried this mod in Europe?

with respect to gas, I think I read somewhere that 91 gas in US is more or less the same as 95 ROM in Europe, What varies is the way how the octane number is measured...

Is there any company producing injectors with the same capacity of the OEM but with a better pattern (with expression angles similar to OEM)?

Taking into account the claimed torque gains at 4000 rpm's, allegedly due to better atomization, If there would be an injector with these characteristics our beloved NSX's could (in theory) achieve gains without tuning...

What do you guys think?

Tokyo-Joe
02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I intend to do this mod this year, I'll let you know how I get on in my build thread :)

bbvnsx
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I was already following your build thread, but now i subscribed ;)

marco1985
23-07-2014, 09:23 PM
anyone try this mod at the end? :D