PDA

View Full Version : Crank Shaft Pulley For 97 Auto

jpspringall
29-03-2012, 07:52 AM
After being messed around by HUK for the past month, in terms of getting the crank shaft pulley. I'm going order to order it from OEM Acura Parts, unless unless anyone knows anyone better?

Could some just confirm that this is the part i need, i'm 99.9% sure:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/product/Acura/NSX/1996/2DR%20NSX-T/KA4AT/acura/pulley-crankshaft/13811-pr7-a11-acura/

Also can you tell if they have it stock or not?

Cheers

James

Hagasan
29-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes 13811-PR7-A11 is the correct part for an Auto http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=8&productID=5&yearID=17&doorID=2&gradeID=93&areaID=1&transmissionID=1&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=1&idAndImageID=1412%20379420&isBigPicture=False

jpspringall
29-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Do Acurapartswarehouse, deliver to the UK?

J

nobby
29-03-2012, 08:28 AM
not sure about them delivering to the UK, if they do they could charge you a fair whack on ship costs. Check the boards for other US suppliers that members have used and are happy with service ... there are Acura dealers that others have used ... Findlay (i think) etc.

you can also try likes of daliracing, Science Of Speed etc, members have had various levels of service from these so you might want to check out.

typical HUK messing you about ... ohh have you tried Andy@VtecDirect ... he is UK based he can sometimes have stock

jpspringall
29-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Cheers,

I think in that case i'll stick with OEM Acura Parts, as the feedback on them appears to 100% positive, and heard a few horror stories especially about Dali

I think HondaBoy has already spoken to Andy@VTech, and said that he didnt have any.

Cheers

James

Danny Boy
29-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi James,
I took a shipment from OEM Acuraparts a few weeks ago - really good, right parts, good price, shipping took around 2-3 weeks - just don`t forget the import tax & vat when it arrives.

Thanks to NSXGB for the link to OEM when i posted up a few weeks ago.

Thanks, Dan.

jpspringall
29-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Cheers Dan.

Not having ordered from the states before, how does the Tax & VAT work in terms of when do you pay it? As trying to work out if i can get delivered directly to Honda?

Cheers

James

nobby
29-03-2012, 09:47 AM
James

when it lands in the UK, Parcelforce appears to have won the contract with HMRC regarding clearing of parcels etc from US. they will calcualte the costs etc and then send you a docket informing you of what charges will be applicable. you will NOT get the parcel until you have paid up, this can be done online or likely your parcel will go to nearest PF depot

if you want to minimise your customs charges, mark @ dali is brilliant at getting things through without incurring too much charge. you dont have to ask him to do this btw. if in stock you will not have to wait no more than 10 business days for delivery etc

So far mark has provided me excellent service for the best part of 2 years now ... recently purchased DC Sports headers. Yes some on here have had issues ... but in terms of the CSP needed he usually has stock readily available.

Your choice at the end of the day. Good luck

Cheers Dan.

Not having ordered from the states before, how does the Tax & VAT work in terms of when do you pay it? As trying to work out if i can get delivered directly to Honda?

Cheers

James

Hagasan
29-03-2012, 09:52 AM
H James,

your purchase, unless you have a business/address will be treated as a personal import. Most US companies will just use USPS (the equivalent of Royal Mail/Parcelforce) for shipping smaller items. This means an automatic tie-up with RM/PF in the UK

Items will come into the UK and be processed through the main hub in Coventry where the duties & vat etc will be worked out. From there it will be sent to your local sorting office. At that point they will send you out a letter saying they have a package for you. You can either pay the duties over the phone at which point the delivery will progress or you can collect yourself. You can pay at the point of collection if you prefer. I usually keep an eye on the tracking numbers and when it has landed at the local office just go down anyway. This way saves another few days waiting on their letter.

You can always ask the sender to lower the declared value and save a little on tax. If they do this and it gets damaged or goes missing you obviously limit your claim back....

I don't think you will be able to ship direct to Honda unless you can "intercept" as described above the local office payment point. It may depend on whether Royal Mail accept a payment not from Honda? Maybe a c/o James S, Honda anytown etc might be ok.

Cheers Dan.

Cheers

James

jpspringall
29-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Many thanks for everyone's help, have now ordered from http://www.oemacuraparts.com/

James