PDA

View Full Version : Integrated hands free kit (Parrot)

Problem Child
01-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Just had a Parrot MK9200i fitted to my NSX.

It has a connection for an Ipod/ IPhone (and charges them too), a USB connection and bluetooths to my phone and can stream music from all of them. Sound quality is pretty good too and even though it was fitted by Halfords I think they made a good job of it. I even managed to load an "NSX" wallpaper too. I supervised whilst they did it and pretty confident they did it correctly.

Its fitted on a little ball joint so can move around to get the best view.

One small issue is there is some (just a little) interference when you rev the engine so its going back in tomorrow to be checked.

The RF control unit isnt stuck on the dashboard. Its only there so you can see how its controlled. I havent decided where it will go yet

Hagasan
01-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Needs amust in the modern era perhaps but I think a DD with intergrated Bluetooth etc may look more "comfortable"

Problem Child
02-04-2012, 07:05 AM
TBH, Gary I think I agree that the correct solution is the DD unit but I have grown to love my car in its original setup.

As you know I did consider the DD solution (cos I do like a good set of DD's!!!) but I wasnt confident taking a dremel to the centre console, (and neither was any Hifi shop)....especially when I told them the cost of them getting it wrong! I went to three different places and none wanted to do it.

Saw some of the DD's when we met up at the South East mini meet recently and liked them but I will try this for the time being and try and source a good (and cheap) centre console to experiment with but keep my original components for posterity. I was going to say I'd keep them just in case a future owner wants the car in its original condition but seeing as its a keeper thats not a problem. Maybe I could sell the original Hifi to pay for the new centre console and new DD????? Hmmmm...got me thinking