PDA

View Full Version : Battery no.

Danny Boy
03-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi All,
Amongst many other parts, need a new battery for the 3.2 - anyone know the code size - the dead one in there at the moment is definatly the wrong size.

Thanks, Dan.

Kaz-kzukNA1
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Unless you want the superduper racing battery, just visit your local Honda garage and ask for the following parts.

For MT: 31500-SV2-001HE, JIS spec: 70D23L-MF
For AT: 31500-SP0-011HE, JIS spec: 80D26L-MF

I can start writing the detail about the JIS spec to explain the capacity, size, terminal location, etc but not much point when Honda already specified the replacement battery for NSX as above.

Nowadays, the battery is probably sourced locally at each country/region considering the cost involved for transporting the acid battery.
I don’t know which manufacture supplies the battery for Honda in UK but possibly Yuasa as there is an office right at the Swindon Honda factory.

As the battery is shared with other high volume production car models, these batteries won’t stay on the shelf for a long time so I don’t see much point in going for the aftermarket ones.

Kaz

Nick Graves
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I suspect they're Yuasas, but they're branded Honda.

Given the quality & that they're £66, what's the point in going aftermarket? Just give your VIN to the dealer - they'll probably have one in stock since the -70-'s a regular item.

nigel
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Yuasa has been supplying the OEM Honda motorbikes, (here in the states) for decades so ....

Cheers
nigel

nobby
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
just bought one today for my 94 car ... still to pull it out of box but stated that its panasonic in the parts detail.
it has honda badging at the top of it. as soon as i get it out of the saw dust etc in the packaging i will get some pics up

Sudesh
03-04-2012, 10:17 PM
just bought one today for my 94 car ... still to pull it out of box but stated that its panasonic in the parts detail.
it has honda badging at the top of it. as soon as i get it out of the saw dust etc in the packaging i will get some pics up

The Honda battery that used to be in my car was Panasonic too.