PDA

View Full Version : speaker problem 91

dickyf
06-04-2012, 12:47 PM
hi
my speakers only seem to be working on the passenger side. the balance control only seems to adjust the sound from front to rear (if that makes sense). am i doing something stupidly wrong?
is this an easy fix??
thanks in anticipation
richard

NSXGB
06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I would check all connections but would bet that the amps are NFG, I would advise getting all three serviced as a matter of due course.

Kaz offers this service, details in his blog, or briank on Prime or there is a company on ebay in the USA too.

nigel
06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Go with "The Kaz" or BrianK.

Cheers
nigel

L696ULO
07-04-2012, 09:47 AM
All my amps were gone when I got my car. Honda charge a fortune for new ones, I bought mine from a place in Cologne a 2 years ago for about £300 for all three which is what Honda charge for one. Usually if one has gone then the others will do soon. They are plug and play into the speakers but to get to the door speaker you will need to remove the door card. If you search for amps on the website you should find the info, if not I can give you links and details of where to buy new amps

NSXGB
07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Honda charge so much for replacements because they only sell the speaker enclosure as a complete unit, not the amp separately.

My first replacement was sourced from Bose Germany many years ago for about €120 delivered, glad I kept the old one as I got that repaired as a spare.

dickyf
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
thanks
i shall get a electronics guy i know to take a look. how many speakers are there?

NSXGB
09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
There are 4 speakers and 3 amps. 1 amp in each door enclosure and on amp in the bass speaker enclosure which lives in the passenger footwell. If you look at Kaz's blog there are plenty of pictures to show you what you are dealing with.

L696ULO
09-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Here are the links which show how to gwt to each of the amps, first one is for the door speaker second is for the footwell which is used for the bass speaker and the speaker between the seats. The most fiddley bit on the door card is sliding the first panel to access the screws after that its more or less plain sailing.

http://nsxe-repair.com/DS-removal.html

http://nsxe-repair.com/FW-removal.html

dickyf
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
thats fantastic. thanks

Here are the links which show how to gwt to each of the amps, first one is for the door speaker second is for the footwell which is used for the bass speaker and the speaker between the seats. The most fiddley bit on the door card is sliding the first panel to access the screws after that its more or less plain sailing.

http://nsxe-repair.com/DS-removal.html

http://nsxe-repair.com/FW-removal.html

dickyf
12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
update!
the drivers door amp is as suspected the issue. one of the components has burned out. 11138 my electronics guy is confident he can sort it out with a replacement part. are these still available? its the 2nd black box from the right. ( excuse my ignorance!)

NSXGB
12-04-2012, 07:04 PM
2nd from left? That's a FET. Would suspect there will be more problems than that. Get your guy to replace all capacitors with uprated versions. When they are removed you should see any damaged if they have leaked...which they more than likely will have.

dickyf
12-04-2012, 07:23 PM
sorry, yes 2nd from left.I think it may be easier to send it away to get it overhauled. is there anywhere that offers this service?
thanks

Sudesh
12-04-2012, 07:29 PM
sorry, yes 2nd from left.I think it may be easier to send it away to get it overhauled. is there anywhere that offers this service?
thanks

Contact Kaz, if he can't fix it, no one can lol

NSXGB
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Contact Kaz, if he can't fix it, no one can lol

I don't think Kaz likes working on boards where the FET has burnt out. Can't remember the technical reason though.

dickyf
24-07-2012, 02:07 PM
hi . update
the amp is now back repaired. the door speaker has blown, anyone got one they dont need or are they used on other vehicles??