Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NSXCB Finances and web server costs

Peter,
    I share much of what you have said here, the Forum is a great reference for all things NSX, the challenge over the past 4 or so years has been the level of activity across all Forum platforms. The addition of Facebook and WhatsApp are there to improve the interactivity and response, that is to say they should suppliment the Forum not replace it. Since 2020 the move away from the NSXCB Forum by THNOC (NSX Owners Club) has accelerated the decline in Forum traffic here, the NSX Owners Club have their own "closed" forum.
    Going forward I think the plan is to transfer the current NSXCB Forum to an updated platform and link it with social media/messaging services to provide a comprehensive and open resource for all NSX owners.
    Mike

+1 on Mike and PeteW’s last posts.
    Not so sure about the impact that the THNOC forum has.
    From Kaz’s post . . “So, we still have some time but not cost effective paying £500/year when only around 20 - 25 users making Platinum contribution.” . .
    In the alternative: as one of 20-25 Platinum members, if £25 pa makes this forum happen then that’s cheap for the wealth of information and contact the forum provides. I’m happy to pay that (as other financial contributors may also be).

If this forum continues, migrates, it’s down to the efforts of the Administrators, contributors etc, and my continued thanks to them.

Personally I’d ask is that forum remains open to all to view and use whether contributors, longtermers, first time owners or just casual interest.
    However it’s success depends on use and that’s down to the owner and users. Perhaps for technical queries, meeting suggestions, group involvement we should see the benefit of using the forum over more instant social media.
    Use it or lose it?
    Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    +1 on Mike and PeteW’s last posts.
    Not so sure about the impact that the THNOC forum has.
    My point about the THNOC and the Forum is that when being a Platinum member of NSXCB Forum was a pre-requisite to membership of the Club then simply there was more revenue. It was not that the OC Forum had any impact on the NSXCB Forum.
    Mike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234