Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Tyres

Blog Entries

For the OEM 15/16 combo (yes, your size info is correct) and not regularly driving the car or not doing many track days, may be Yokohama Advan Fleva V701???
    May struggle finding the rear set in stock.

I think someone on here with European LHD model is/was using it with good feedback.

From time to time, I saw concern on the front tyre speed rating (even for the Neova AD08 series) but without knowing how tyres are being tested on the tyre dyno.
    Would be surprised if anyone can apply full load spec at the front without heavily modifying the aerodynamics because at the proving ground, you can feel the front getting lighter/lifting at high speed.
    Though, very likely the insurance companies don’t know these facts and just go with the rating label.

Kaz

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a place listing both front and rears of the Fleva as available - about £470 for all 4.

Same place lists AD08Rs as available.

Revival of an old thread. What are the current choices for our cars?

I'm looking for some fronts - 215 40 17. I have Advan AD08Rs all round currently. Options look slim for our sizes in general, I'm leaning towards the AD08RS.

I would be interested in what others are using.

Blog Entries

The available size for the latest Neova AD09 is still very limited for the European market.
    In Japan, several owners are happy with it on their NSX.
    Despite the semi-slick like tread design, owners are happy with the wet driving.

While I have AD08RS all around, I hate them.
    I liked the AD08 and AD08R but never the RS especially once past 1/3 or 1/2 wear.

Wish Yokohama never changed it from AD08R.

Fleva V701 is quite popular among Japanese owners who don’t drive regularly and only for the street driving purpose.
    Several owners in US and Europe seem to be happy with it.

Michelin PS5 seemed to be good alternative for street purpose.
    S2000 owners are happy with it.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-71RS is very popular in Japan but note how quickly it can wear out as the trade-off for its super performance.
    Don’t know the availability in UK though.

Dunlop is also widely used among Japanese owners but I don’t know much about it.

Continental is highly rated among Acura owners and you can find lots of feedback on Prime.
    Probably the ffect of NC1.
    Unfortunately, couldn’t find the equivalent of Extreme Contact Sport for European market so never tried one.

I'm quite sure there will be people commenting that one should not mix different tyre models let alone the manufactures.
    I was one of them long time ago.

However, after sitting in the passenger seat of many cars including NSX driven by the FIA license holders, it was enough to change my view.
    You’ll be surprised what they use for their own cars…
    I even put mixed tyres on my NSX in the past when there was no size available.
    I placed Toyo Proxus on the rear while keeping Bridgestone at the front.

As long as you know what you are doing and the tyre is from well-known company sold under European regulations, you ‘can’ drive them.
    You are not racing on street and most likely, never be able to exceed the chassis performance.

So, hope you’ll find something in your size.

I need to start looking for the rears in case I need to replace them some point in early next year.
    I don’t know when AD09 would become available for my rear size in UK. May need going with the 255 instead of 245.

Kaz

I currently run the R/S all round and very pleased (previously on the R) … feels even more secure in the wet conditions …
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Will be trialing Falken FK510 and FK520...comparable to Michelins PS4 when I had the Porsche, also the Falkens are XL so stiff wall..

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637