Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of the Forum - Aug/24

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I concur with all of this . (saves me typing it all )

Me three.

I hardly ever drop by any more, cannot stand social meeja but it would be a shame to lose it all.

Temple of VTEC's recently gone, so I guess the writing's really on the wall.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Make that 4 …

I will have been a paid up member for 20 yrs next year and whilst I dont post as often, I too would see it as a loss to current and future owners of these uniqu vehicles if all the history and information contained within the forum and the blogs was to be lost … and I would be in support of retaining NSXCB please …

Thanks, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

NSXCB future – a proposal from the NSX Club Committee (who are also NSXCB members)

(note the full name of the NSX Club is The Honda NSX Owners Club - details found at www.nsxclub.co.uk)

The NSX Club Committee value the resources of NSXCB and wish to support the process of finding a sustainable structure and funding solution. We believe there is a continuing role in supporting the NSX community for both the NSXCB and NSX Club going forward.

The reason for two organisations existing is a matter of history and led to immediate confusion amongst the NSX community despite the best efforts of the original and current Committee members this has continued.

We propose the following solution:

1. Maintain both separate entities, with separate governance, but rename as follows:
      1. NSX Drivers Club Forum (formerly NSXCB) – upgraded to latest vBulletin software or alternate, free to access to all other than vendors, but linked through to the NSX Drivers Club to encourage full paid membership. NSX Drivers Club Forum users will not be compelled to join the NSX Club
      2. NSX Drivers Club (formerly NSX Club) – maintain current website and promote NSX Drivers Club Forum for discussions, blogs and access to existing extensive resources.
      3. Funding - the NSX Drivers Club provides funding for the upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin or alternate. Subject to understanding the costs are reasonable and affordable. NSX Drivers Club provides an annual contribution sufficient to fund the running of the NSX Drivers Club Forum on a not-for-profit basis, subject to understanding costs are reasonable and affordable. Based on cost information detailed on NSXCB we believe the costs will be reasonable and affordable.
      4. Platinum membership of NSX Drivers Forum is suspended and replaced by an option to join NSX Drivers Club by a link to the existing automated sign-up process.
      5. NSX Drivers Club removes the current members only Forum function and direct members to NSX Drivers Club Forum (need to check possible).
      6. All subscription collection is through the automated membership service in the NSX Drivers Club website including vendor subscription for NSX Drivers Club Forum
      7. All car show and driving tour events are organised through the automated system in NSX Drivers Club Website. This website can manage local events and does not need to be limited by NSX Drivers Club main events or driving tours which are determined by consultation with members. This does not preclude discussion of events in the NSX Drivers Club Forum, which in fact is encouraged as an effective consultation process.

Subject to approval by NSX Club members.

Next steps would be to gain support from NSX Club members which we expect can be achieved within 2 weeks of the Administrators of NSXCB agreeing in the form of a signed heads of terms based on these principles. An early step will be to secure the Domain names that are available at £60 each for 3 years and complete the VBulletin software upgrade to reduce the current risks with the continued use of old/unsupported software.

We hope this proposal will be supported by NSXCB users by replying to this proposal.

Neil Shaw, Clive Pluckrose and Tom Haywood – NSX Club Committee 27 Aug 2024
    Last edited by Shawnsx5; 27-08-2024 at 08:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

www.nsxclub.co.uk

2001 NA2 Imola Orange Pearl/Black Leather (Type S evocation)
    2003 NA2 Long Beach Blue/Black Leather (NSX-R evocation)

Non NSX
    Lotus Carlton 30/250

Previous NSX
    2004 NA2-R Championship White/Red Seats 111/150 personal import April 2016 sold 2020
    NA2 2005 NA2 LBB/Grey Leather last 12 car, 2005 Pearl White/Red Leather last 12 car, 2003-T Black/Black, 2003-T Red/Black
    NA1 1996 Type R White/Black 447/483, 2 x 1991 manual, 1993 manual, 1996-T manual, 2002-T F-matic

Looks like an excellent solution to me. Well done and thanks to Neil, Clive and Tom for working this out.

Edit a day later ... my post was in the context of Kevin's initial post that NSXCB was in imminent danger of closure due to lack of funds. Kaz has clarified in the meantime that that is not the case. This maybe gives space to be a bit more circumspect, but my fundamentals are appreciation for the efforts of anybody who donates their time to any kind of UK NSX activities and interests.
    Last edited by PeterW; 28-08-2024 at 11:32 AM.
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

just to clarify, who is 'the nsx club'...??

do you mean the facebook group of that name, or do you mean 'the honda NSX owners club'?

presuming the second, in which case why do we need the name changes? they are already 2 separate entities, history/politics/whatever made sure of that.

is this going to be discussed at the THNSXOC AGM, whenever that is? NEC like last year?

edit... don't worry, AGM was friday apparently, according to THNSXOC events history..... email notification/invitation must have got lost
    Last edited by britlude; 27-08-2024 at 08:44 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

I deliberately excluded referencing the various Facebook groups that exist as these do not require membership of either organisation and are free to run and are not affected by the funding issues NSXCB faces. The full name of the NSX club is The Honda NSX Owners Club, I will amend the original post to make this clear.

The matter was not discussed at the AGM on Friday as the Committee consider such a significant matter is best handles with consultation with all members.

The suggested name change is designed to pick up other suggestions in thread about potential name changes to help eliminate the continued confusion that exists amongst the NSX community. Most importantly the proposal is designed to solve the immediate and longer term funding problems for NSXCB for the benefit of the NSX Community.

Owners Club.
    Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    just to clarify, who is 'the nsx club'...??

do you mean the facebook group of that name, or do you mean 'the honda NSX owners club'?

presuming the second, in which case why do we need the name changes? they are already 2 separate entities, history/politics/whatever made sure of that.

is this going to be discussed at the THNSXOC AGM, whenever that is? NEC like last year?

edit... don't worry, AGM was friday apparently, according to THNSXOC events history..... email notification/invitation must have got lost
    Last edited by Shawnsx5; 27-08-2024 at 08:59 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

www.nsxclub.co.uk

2001 NA2 Imola Orange Pearl/Black Leather (Type S evocation)
    2003 NA2 Long Beach Blue/Black Leather (NSX-R evocation)

Non NSX
    Lotus Carlton 30/250

Previous NSX
    2004 NA2-R Championship White/Red Seats 111/150 personal import April 2016 sold 2020
    NA2 2005 NA2 LBB/Grey Leather last 12 car, 2005 Pearl White/Red Leather last 12 car, 2003-T Black/Black, 2003-T Red/Black
    NA1 1996 Type R White/Black 447/483, 2 x 1991 manual, 1993 manual, 1996-T manual, 2002-T F-matic

This solution seems sensible to me and would support as a member to both and agree the wealth of resources and info for the NSX would be best retained and easily accessible for current and future NSX owners, at all reasonable cost.
    Will the NSXCB name/logo be retained as this is so well known internationally and nationally..?

I am aware that there was a payment of a significant sum to keep this website going from the Club to the Forum which should keep the Forum going for a number of years and possibly pay for any upgrade...is there any idea where this sum was spent?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

I can see that the proposal for name change is aiming to help distinguish the 2 entity with one being a owners club and the other being a Forum to eliminate confusion.... but I still would like to maintain the NSXCB name.

SS

Just to clarify, the Club is also a non-profit entity?
    The Forum is open to all including people who are non-NSX owner browsing etc..?

For those that want to pay or need to pay...
    1. Access to Club
    2. ?Access to Certain thread of the Forum
    3. For Advertising

any thing else?

The income and financial balance showed be transparent and open to all members to see as it is non-profit making so all know what the expenditure is....so all paying members can question or enquire about what their fees are being spent on.

Just my 2p

SS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnsx5 View Post
    NSXCB future – a proposal from the NSX Club Committee (who are also NSXCB members)

(note the full name of the NSX Club is The Honda NSX Owners Club - details found at www.nsxclub.co.uk)

The NSX Club Committee value the resources of NSXCB and wish to support the process of finding a sustainable structure and funding solution. We believe there is a continuing role in supporting the NSX community for both the NSXCB and NSX Club going forward.

The reason for two organisations existing is a matter of history and led to immediate confusion amongst the NSX community despite the best efforts of the original and current Committee members this has continued.

We propose the following solution:
    Hi, Neil.
    Good to see you posting on here and with logical thinking although some are not clear to me.

[ By the way, as in my post #1, I started this thread by specifically asking for the opinion on
    whether to discuss this subject among the Platinum members only or involve everyone
    based on the example point of view as per my post.

As the discussion already going on, it may no longer matter but I do hope people will re-visit it. ]

I would like to ask you some questions before posting my additional opinion that I on purposely didn't include in post #1.

Although I hold the administrator right, I have the right to express my opinion that may or may not affect the decision making process.

The discussion with you may include the detail that I would like to keep them off the public domain.

For example, the very reason why I left the Club and asked removal of all references related to me on the Club website.
    You already know the reason.
    It's not clear from my point of view on how your proposal will affect this.

Also, as I'm not your Club member, I have no idea what kind of forum is running on your end.

If I ask following question publicly, it may require something to be disclosed of your end that may be against the sirit of closed member only forum.
    So again, thought best asking you privately and not on here.
    Would like to know your view on what will happen to existing posts on there.
    Merging them into NSXCB Forum???

[ As I started this thread and asked opinion from others on the public forum, I didn't feel comfortable contacting specific member regarding the specific post privately.

Hence, this latest post from me. ]

Will contact you in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnsx5 View Post
    I deliberately excluded referencing the ......

Most importantly the proposal is designed to solve the immediate and longer term funding problems for NSXCB for the benefit of the NSX Community.

Owners Club.
    But I can post something already on the public domain now.

Not sure how soon the wording 'immediate' mean but could you modify your post #16?

Could you modify it in case of causing misunderstanding of the wording 'the immediate' and 'problems' ?

Not sure what the 'immediate funding problem' means but there is none.

We are acting well in advance from the cost efficiency.

Possibly you were referring to the post by forumadmin (Kevin) that 'there was only a few months left' if paying the current level of site running cost.

The post is within the link included in my post #1.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?16238-NSXCB-Finances-and-web-server-costs

I already mentioned on here that Kevin didn't know at the time of his writing, the fact that there was already sizeable fund looked after by one of the administrator.
    I believe this is the same thing mentioned by Silver Surfer above.

Thank you for your cooperation on this, Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    This solution seems sensible to me and ....

I am aware that there was a payment of a significant sum to keep this website going from the Club to the Forum which should keep the Forum going for a number of years and possibly pay for any upgrade...is there any idea where this sum was spent?

SS
    Silver Surfer, hope above answers your question.

Regarding the naming….

For the reason I already stated in my post #1, I support keeping the wording 'nsxcb' as is.

No one owns this Forum and the administrator right holders are just volunteers helping the site.

I'm one of them but don't control the site future.

To backup the above, I even stated in post #29 of the above link that I don't mind losing more than 2,700 blog posts if that helps for the future upgrade.

I'll stop here for now.

Kaz

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast