Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NSXCB Finances and web server costs

1. Default

Hi all,

well... i followed the yellow banner, but i got a "NSXCB Forums does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe."

Does this mean i already contributed?? don't remember doing it for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by UnhuZ View Post
    Hi all,

well... i followed the yellow banner, but i got a "NSXCB Forums does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe."

Same for me, my "platinum" status has expired and i would usually top it up. I think this may be due to looking at relocating to a different Admin team / Server

Cheers,
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnhuZ View Post
    Hi all,

Due to Forum server going down frequently, making some changes in the background.

Disabled the Platinum contribution temporarily for now so to answer your question, no, you haven't.

Will be posting something to discuss the future of the Forum later.

Kaz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Same for me, my "platinum" status has expired and i would usually top it up. I think this may be due to looking at relocating to a different Admin team / Server

Cheers,
    Jim
    Hi, Jim.
    As you guessed, forumadmin handed the 'key' to some of us on here and will post something related to it later.
    Sent thank you message to him but would like to mention our gratitude properly on here later.

Because of this, the Platinum contribution feature is disabled for now until we setup the new account.

Will be posting his wish and also what we found last week in the background later.

NSXGB spent quite sometime housekeeping several aspects of the site and already making some progress.
    At one point, we had to reboot the server like 10 times per day but we haven't done so for several days now.

Will also post something to discuss the future of the Forum with members on here.

Basically, AI crawlers, facebook crawling bots (nothing wrong), etc were making frequent visits.

There is a module to limit and slowdown these bots for self hosting like our Forum.
    Probably one of the reason to consider cloud hosting through well known companies as they will take care of these.

Kaz

5. Default

Hi,

thanks Kaz for the news... i want to contribute to help keep this up.

does the new forum "reality" go in the same direction that Prime did??
    i mean, they switched platforms from vbulletin, and doing that they
    knowingly lost all the member photo gallery, and with it lot's of threads
    are now useless because only the test remained.

I always hosted my photos directly in the forum so the image links would
    never be broken, never imagining that the admins would be the source
    of that damage.

Thanks,
    Nuno

Thanks for people's efforts to sort this out, NSXGB and I'm sure there are others.

The article on the home page with the link is great. Super photo as well. As the behavioural scientists say, if you want somebody to do something, make it Easy, Attractive, Social and Timely (EAST). You ticked all four boxes.
    Last edited by PeterW; 16-06-2024 at 10:03 AM.
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123